French Lake

• Sifty
    Farmington Minnesota

Has anyone had a chance to see how the ice is on french? would like to go try the eye’s this weekend.

King Pout
    NE Minneapolis, MN

Sifty –
    I was just talkin’ to Tanner and saw your post. I am booking a sleeper for the 27th on Mille Lacs — any resort preferences??? See-ya then.
    Harry

Sifty
    Farmington Minnesota

Harry how about we try at Fishers? Or would you like to try the west side?

King Pout
    NE Minneapolis, MN

Tanner was thinking Red Door – and I was thinking Twin Pines , I don’t care either way…what do you think is the best option for catching eye’s / perch – mud , rock, gravel, or sand?

Sifty
    Farmington Minnesota

Harry either one would be fine. Are we being portables with us to do some running? I just heard that Mac’s is pulling there houses out today. I would think rock at evening and mud during the day. Let me know. Sifty

King Pout
    NE Minneapolis, MN

I’m with ya – I will call both and see what is available.
    I will let you know. Thanks

King Pout
    NE Minneapolis, MN

I just got off the phone with Linda @ Red Door – we are all set — 10X20 8 holer – 6 bunks. We can specify where we want the house on the flats that they work — given there’s safe ice of course… fish on! Definitely plan on bringing the portables and going mobile during the day…. hopefully not a ton of snow so I can use my ATV.

tanner

I’m in. I’ll bring the Crown Royal. Harry, you bring the cola. Sifty, you bring the cups. Sifty, do you have a 2 place trailer for our ATV’s?

King Pout
    NE Minneapolis, MN

Cola ???? You are wrecking that fabulous Crown— make mine a splash of H20. We don’t need a double trailer since I am staying till Sunday. Tannner you’re *** !!! (you can fill in the blanks)

Anonymous

The ice on french is not as thick as it is on the other lakes. I would try Shields for eyes……their bigger there!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.