Ice Reports

• TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Boys, my new Vexilar is looking at me and whinning each and everyday….when’s the ice coming?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sounds like a few crazies have been sneaking out on the backwaters of the Mississippi on some REALLY thin ice but I would think for the rest of us “first ice” is still at least a week – 10 days away. Have you heard of anyone getting out and catching anything?

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I live just north of the metro and alot of the bigger lakes dont have ice on them, maybe a bit in the small bays and if we hit the 40’s this weekend like they say I don’t think we will see ice for a few weeks yet.The wind today wont help the little ice we have. They want to ice over just wont stay calm and cold.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

This morning on my drive in to school I saw two crazies fishing on a mid sized pond off of 94. I love ice fishing as much as the next guy , but I think I will wait at least another week.

UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

I drove from Hayfield to Granite Falls on Sat. taking Hwy 14 to New Ulm, the N on St. Hwy 4 up to Hwy 212 and then

west. The small ponds have ice, as do the Mn River backwaters, but that is it.

Clear Lake and Loon Lk in Waseca have some ice around the edges, but there is lots of open water. The ponds around Mankato are some ice, but open water as well (lots of geese on them). The main channel of the Mn River is mostly open to wide open.

Water – water everywhere, and none of it fit to walk on….

UG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.