MIlle Lacs Fishing Report – 1/2/2010

• Brian G
    Independence, MN

Wow, what a difference a week makes. I headed out to some of the same deep gravel/rock areas this weekend with not much to show so far. It was -26 up here this morning, too cold to get out in the portable, so I’ve been hanging in the cabin staring at the map. Some guys I talked to last night were talking about getting some fish on the deeper gravel/sand transition areas, so that’s the plan for this afternoon. Yesterday afternoon I fished around 27 feet off Sloppy Joes and marked quite a few fish, but no takers. One pout came up and absolutely slammed a jigging spoon, but that was it. Most of the fish on the Markum came through between 3:30-4:30. After that it was very quiet out there. Ice and road conditions are very good now with the cold snap, and Brandt’s is pushing the roads out further and further each day.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Brian, we were on the mud about 12 miles north of you. It was pretty brutal on the wheeler on the way in last night. I was surprised by the amount of full size vehicles out on the ice. I probably won’t be able to get back to the pond for a while, but I’d love to come fish for a day sometime.

Good luck this afternoon.

John

inge66

Kooty by the sounds of that I didnt miss much yesterday even though I was dreaming of being up there. At least you were fishing.

Brian G
    Independence, MN

Sounds good, man, just give me a shout anytime you’re in the area. I should be up the next two weekends, after that we have some hockey tournaments, my son is a second year squirt this year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.