What a giant!!

• fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

i was out northern fishing this past sunday morning and boy oh boy were they down there. i had my camera on one sucker in the house watching that and every once in a while taking a glance down at the sucker next to me. all of a sudden while i was looking at the closer sucker in rolled this head. ive seen some big northerns down there and i have cought my share of some pretty nice ones too. let me tell you this fish made my 42 incher from two years ago look like a chump. this thing was unbelievable. anyways she drilled my sucker and took off. i knew it was a big fish so i let her run with it for a little while to make sure that hook was good and deep. i set the hook on what felt like a brick wall. the fisht was on. at first she was coming in pretty easy. i got the head to the bottom of the hole and she gave me all i could take. the braided line i was using flew through my hands so fast it have me string burn. she stopped and i started bringing her in again. When out of nowhere off she went again this time everything went limp. i knew i lost her but could not figure out how untill i got the hook back into the house. The pig straightened my circle hook almost as straight as an arrow. i still had some kind of fish skin stuck to the barb wether it was the northerns or suckers ill never know but you can bet friday on my day off ill be back at it again!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Sweet! My uncle got a 38 incher yesterday on a fathead!

bigpike

Thats an awesome story. Thanks for sharing. I would BEEF up a little get a few more guys in that area and try again. Bring a digital so we can see this water wolf if you get another shot!

sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

What a rush though the ice with a pig
    I help land a 42″ northern my brother caught at bass lake in st. croix cty. in 2002.He battled that one for 20 minutes. Measured it, and took a photo of big 14? maybe 15# pig and released it back
    We always use a steel leader #30lb and treble hook..
    Good luck

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

Great story. I truly love catching very large fish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.