Mille Lacs Lake Ice Fishing Report 12-29-09

• Brian G
    Independence, MN

Spent the last 3 days fishing walleyes around the south end. I used Brandt’s landing and roads, which were excellent. There’s some cracking going on, and they were plowing around some of the worse areas, so I stuck with the wheeler, although they are still allowing 1/2 tons out. Going cross country on XP550 with chains on the back was no problem. The bite was excellent on Saturday and Sunday, and got tougher the past two days with the clear cold weather. Did most of my fishing in 25-27 feet, and was strictly jigging spoons with minnow heads. That new Macho Minnow worked really well for me, 1/8 oz firetiger. Today I could not buy a bite, even though I had about 20 sniffers between 6:30 and 8:00 this morning, they were finicky! I could get them to follow the spoon up and down, but not hit. Nothing like the weekend when the fish were coming out of nowhere and just slamming it.

That’s it. Good luck out there and be safe.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the report and welcome to IDO.

-J.

fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Hey Brian… Thanks for the report. Im glad to see that someone on this web site still gets out fishin. I thought maybe everybody quit. Myself included

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Welcome to IDO Brian. Thanks for the report, will be up that way the 11th -15th & hope to get on a bite.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Brian, welcome to IDO!! A few of us are heading up Friday. I hope the bite turns back on.

You still pimping Cisco?

Kooty aka John Kutz

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome to IDO Brian. Thanks for the report. I’ll be there to give it a whirl on Fri. too.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

great report Brian and welcome to the site.

Brian G
    Independence, MN

Hey Kooty. Yeah, still got the same day job, going pretty well. I get to spend more time at the pond now, we bought a place on Cove Bay last summer, so it’s a lot easier to blast up there for a day or two. I’ll be back on Friday morning, nursing a headache no doubt. I’m going to blast off the beaten path and check out some of thost interesting looking spots out in the middle of nowhere. Where will you be fishing? Our place is just down the road from the Bayview Bar, so if you’re about, I’d love to buy you a beer.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Free beer….I’m not really into drinking beer. I’m a pretty serious fisherman.

We don’t have a definitive plans as of now. Our basic plan is to pick up a goofy Nebraskan and hit the mud somewhere. We will have wheelers, so we are only limited by cracks. How about I give you a call on Friday morning sometime.

perchhead

Fished fishers flat today 26-36 ft one cigar to show for it. Camera and locator not much showing at all drilled about 75 holes. Forget the mud go to the rocks or gravel bars too many people and activity on the mud.

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

Brian, are you related to scott gilbertson?

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

We have our perm out on 16ft and rocks, been doing pretty darn good so far.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.