Roll call

• wallster
    Austin, MN

Ok, Whos all heading to Mille lacs for opener?? I will be out of barnacles on the sand, maybe spend some time over by fishers too. Should be good. Good Luck too all
    Wallster ><((((>

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i’ll be staying in the cabin on the west side. and can’t tell you where i’ll be fishing…

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

fishing out of Agate Bay. Missed the last two openers and looking forward to hopefully a good opener!!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Rocks for this guy heading out at 4:30 am, leeches and split shots, found a spawing area last year gonna try the deeper rocks leading to it.

dgoodman
    Pool 4

Quote:

Rocks for this guy heading out at 4:30 am, leeches and split shots, found a spawing area last year gonna try the deeper rocks leading to it.

From the DNR site. I know it doesn’t say the 9th but just another thing to remember.

Night Closure: No one may fish for any species or possess fishing gear on the lake from 10 p.m. through 6 a.m. starting at 10 p.m. on May 11, 2009, and ending at 12:01 a.m. on June 8, 2009.

red89
    Hudson

I wish, but I have to go to hayward instead… and cant even fish, what a tease

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will be there Eastside mostly, maybe some open basin fishing even….

big G

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll be out of Wilderness rigging the sand. But if it’s blowing hard, I’ll trailer to another side of the lake.

dgoodman, night fishing is allowed on the opener. Tha ban starts Monday night. So, you can go out Friday at midnight if you like….

-J.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

East side Rocks here also. Maybe try rigigng some transition areas. Heading out Saturday morning, but I’m really looking forward to corking Saturday night on the rocks.

Remeber to be safe and be aware of what others are doing!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Not fishing big Sandy??? Hope you can stop by for a beer on Friday night.

Grow and I will be somewhere from Shabooshkong to Pike Point to Isle, possibly Onamia. Ya, depends on the wind.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Team Funky Dunk gonna take another whoopin this year???

This will be our 2nd year on Mile Lacs now. So yes we might stop by again for a beer and some stories.

llong

I’ll be there, should be at the pond by 4, I’ll be on the sands as well and then done in front of fisher’s and Wilderness. I’ll stop by for a few beers once you make it up.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

From the DNR site. I know it doesn’t say the 9th but just another thing to remember.

O I remember its sucks!Indians can net during the spawn but we cant fish past dark in the POST spawn, trust me I remember

Night Closure: No one may fish for any species or possess fishing gear on the lake from 10 p.m. through 6 a.m. starting at 10 p.m. on May 11, 2009, and ending at 12:01 a.m. on June 8, 2009.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Not fishing big Sandy??? Hope you can stop by for a beer on Friday night.

Grow and I will be somewhere from Shabooshkong to Pike Point to Isle, possibly Onamia. Ya, depends on the wind.

Closest you guys get to water on the opener is the pond next to Big D’s fire pit!

We will be corking rocks and rigging sand somewhere on the lake. A wise man once told me on the opener “The fish aren’t where you think they are!”

Lip, you have mail…

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Can’t get up there until Sat. afternoon. But will be on the east side corkin on the rocks!!

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

The dock and lift went in yesterday. It took a while, but everything is ready to go. I’ll be corking the SE rocks Saturday night and possibly heading to the North sand for some long drifts on Sunday. Good luck to all and be careful.

jldii

I’m going to be rigging the mud as always on opener.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I’ll be there with my fishing partner stayin at his ice house at the Reddoor and hitting the north & northeast sand, and the east rocks…..good luck everyone

newt
    Pillager, MN

Rigging the west side south of Garrison.

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

I’ll be up there at midnight trying to get the skunk out of the boat as early as possible. We are staying at Barnacles for the first time. Renting a fishhouse with a couple of buddies and fishing the sand to Vineland to the SE rocks and anywhere in between. Looking forward to it more than ever this year! Good Luck to all and be SAFE out there! If you see a maroon and silver Ranger 690 with Mariners give a wave!

scare
    austin, mn

Team Crestliner will be there looking to make up for last years poor showing in the “Opener Tourny”. Fishing sand out of barnacles in the morning then heading east as the day goes on.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

big G

steve-lujan
    prior lake,mn

I’ll be up at the red door and ready to fish at 12:00 to also get the skunk out of the way.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Will be rigging the sand and corking the rocks for the night bite! I forsee good things this weekend

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’m heading up after work friday fishing the north side.

wallster
    Austin, MN

CH, stop by the shack, we’ll be there by 4. Leaving town at 11:30.
    690reece, stop over to the Wild shack at Barnacles, we’ll be havin a few
    Wallster ><((((>

garydickmeyer
    plymouth

i will be at my usual haunts on sunday Al, give me a bacon/cheese please and give me two budlights

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

i will be at my usual haunts on sunday Al, give me a bacon/cheese please and give me two budlights

Is this the same “Chief” I met in Red Wing????

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Chief, so you’ll be rigging the north sand with the other 4,000 boats?

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

there are no fish on the mud on opener…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.