Big “D” Classic

• jh55429
    Crystal, MN

It may still only be March, but the Big “D” Classic is only 42 days away. Anybody want to give away their game plans yet? I believe I will be fishing straight out from shore, about a foot off the bottom

Bring on the open water

Good luck to everyone, this year if a cat guy wins it again I may have to give up walleye fishing

Just Kidding

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Are you sure your new boat is going to pass inspection?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m still questioning last year’s win. I don’t believe the judged knew the 28 was never verified by another boat. I think we know who the true champions are, team HONKY TONK!!

Can’t wait Josh, just gotta find a boat to fish out of now. Otherwise we’ll use Bob’s dock. It would be easier to get the cooler down to it anyway.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Just remember this: ” Their not where you think they are “!!!

We will all be dock fishing if the lake level does’nt improve. This rain that we have been getting will help! I’m watching the water level in my harbor each day….and I think it’s gone up alittle we have the possibilty of getting up to 1 1/2 inches in the next 36 hrs…good for Mille Lacs, but not for our folks near any flooded rivers.

Kooty, I just finished building a new utility cart for hauling items down to the boat. It will work great for hauling a number of coolers……just have to be carefull going up and down my steps to the dock!! A happy fisherman could get hurt falling on the rocks

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

I have the cooler already stocked. I’m sure the tournament director will look the other way.

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

Just remember this: ” Their not where you think they are “!!!

Where have I heard that before?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

is this tourney open to anyone, or just some friends who get together for a great time? I assume this is the weekend after opener right? Not sure if I’ll be around or not, but I will be up for opener.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Quote:

is this tourney open to anyone, or just some friends who get together for a great time? I assume this is the weekend after opener right? Not sure if I’ll be around or not, but I will be up for opener.

Yes, just a bunch of friends that do it every opener!! just for fun!!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

those are the “classics” our crew goes for a “trophy” just a wooden reel and rod, and a few bucks a head. We will be stationed from the north side, using Doc’s harbor as our launching point, assuming the water is deep enough. We also have a “I’ve fallen, and can’t get up” trophy which goes to the individual who can’t handle the Captain.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

We also have a “I’ve fallen, and can’t get up” trophy which goes to the individual who can’t handle the Captain.

Thats what we need

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

I’m still questioning last year’s win. I don’t believe the judged knew the 28 was never verified by another boat. I think we know who the true champions are, team HONKY TONK!!

Can’t wait Josh, just gotta find a boat to fish out of now. Otherwise we’ll use Bob’s dock. It would be easier to get the cooler down to it anyway.

I’m still working on the boat Koots, Anybody got a loaner

chomps
    Sioux City IA

we have threatened run a rope from the fire pit to the biffy and put those rock climbing clips on everyones belt loop, that way they can “hook up” and make their way to and fro, and if they don’t make it back, they can’t be too far. Just a few extra ideas for free, oh yeah! a 80g IPod jammed packed with the blues doesn’t hurt either, can go for days w/o hearing the same tune twice.

schrumy
    Clearwater MN

Quote:

Quote:

I have the cooler already stocked. I’m sure the tournament director will look the other way.

Josh it is amazing what a cooler of coldies can do for a guy

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Team Honky Tonk should have shared 2nd place with Bobber.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

I talked to Dman. Your new rig will cost 13 Mich-Golden’s extra for the boat, 5 Mich’s for the sonar and 5 for the GPS. You can minus each Mich for every bag of fresh fish brough to Tuck Fri before 4pm.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

I’m still working on the boat Koots, Anybody got a loaner

Just got off the phone with George at Hunters. You guys can use the launch. Just need a DL # and deposit.

jldii

Okay now, I inquired about fishing this highly esteemed event some time ago and the one and only “DMan” himself PM’ed me and said I was welcome to join in the fun, and he would get me some information about this.

Am I to understand that I might have a beer quota to fill in order to be properly qualified as a contestant?

wolfman-k

You’ll have to have Dman send you the official rules. I think there’s something in there about supplying Dman with Captain? Watch out for rule #1 though!

schrumy
    Clearwater MN

Am I to understand that I might have a beer quota to fill in order to be properly qualified as a contestant?

That is correct, Dman also inspects for quality and quantity so don’t be caught with your down. D has been know to hand out DQ’s with out warning (yes I am speaking form experience ). He doesn’t bring his own cooler and will target the newbies so come prepared!!! OR Else

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Okay now, I inquired about fishing this highly esteemed event some time ago and the one and only “DMan” himself PM’ed me and said I was welcome to join in the fun, and he would get me some information about this.

Hmmmm…I seem to remember a 200 HP max for this event.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Page 3, rule 17 :

” Max HP rating is 200. One can per HP over penalty will apply, paid directly to TD and staff”

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

He would have to launch out of Hunter’s to fish the Big D. I don’t think that tanker of his can get from the south end of the lake to Hunters with a tank of gas. And if he could, he would have to gas up to get back.

jldii

So, do you think I’ll have the biggest boat in the “Big D”?

I think its big enough to carry any penalty I might be required to carry. As for the gas, at optimum cruising speed that motor gets about 4.8 MPG, which is about a 30% improvement over the old 300X!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

So, do you think I’ll have the biggest boat in the “Big D”?

Maybe, but you definitely popped a button on your shirt!

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

You guys should just as well leave your boats at home. Here’s the winning ride right here.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

You get a new boat, Josh? Nice looking ride!

-J.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

GREAT!!! Now I have to say I have 3 friends with Yarcrafts.

Is that the 125 2+2?? Wonder if she’ll float full of water??

Congrats on the new ride!!!

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Jon, Yep. Picked it up a couple weeks ago. Had it down to the river once so far and it ran good!!!!

Kooty, I think it’ll floot better than the “WET-LINER” Its got the 125 MERC 2+2, I just couldn’t get away from that motor. Hopefully it’s as good as my last 2+2!!!!

jldii

Quote:

GREAT!!! Now I have to say I have 3 friends with Yarcrafts.

You know 3 people who own YarCrafts besides me??

Amazing how every year more and more people are switching to the “dry” ride!!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Make it four Koot,……I got my check book set on one myself. Sweet rig there Josh

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.