Finicky Perch??

• fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Is it just me, or is everyone else experiencing a tuff perch bite so far this year? I’ve had lots of jumbos come in, look, back up and leave. In previous years they would just inhale my jig. These perch are starting to act like walleyes!

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

yes, for me it has been tough also. last saturday i finely found some biters, perch that would come 6 to 8 feet off of the bottom and hit the spoon on the way down. you just have to keep moving around and find the fish that are willing to bite………….tom fellegy

thehawk

I was out to the flats on sat. 3-10 and moved a ton, we didn’t find any aggressive fish at all. we moved in closer to shore and a touch deeper at about 31 fow and still no luck. lots of fish would come look, but only one jumbo all day and a 6″er. tough day on the frozen water. I did how ever see a couple of very big walleyes. there were probably a half dozen of them on sat. 3 of them were over 30″ and the other three were in the 24-25″ range. they wouldn’t even sniff the bait, just came on thru.

puddlepounder

hawk,
    i know how you feel, i live here on the lake and fish alot. i have been targeting perch for the last 4 weeks and until saturday, the most fish that i have caught in any one outing was 10. sometimes, moving around is only going to holes 10 feet apart and sometimes it is moving from the east side of the lake to the west side of the lake………..tom fellegy

fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Did ya get out yesterday Puddlepounder? How did ya do? I haven’t seen any posts lately from some of the regular guys like Bob Carlson, etc. etc. Either they’re not fishin, not catchin, or not saying.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been busy with some other things!! Hope to get out on Saturday..

puddlepounder

i did make it out for a few hours in the afternoon. the fish were there, just not the biters. two of us ended up with 20 for the afternoon. it was alot of work, drilled about 25 holes and fished about that many existing holes. like i said, this year has been hit or miss for the perch. just seen the extended forcast for next week. the temps are supposed to be in the 40’s to low 50’s with some rain on sunday and later in the week. the fish are always biting somewhere, i just hope that it is where i am fishing next time………….tom fellegy

gdandm
    Elk River, Mn

I was out on the 10th and we started jigging high 6-10 feet off the bottom. Trying for a few tulibees but the perch really started to react. We ended up with 25 nice jumbo’s and one that went 1.35 lbs. A lot of times they’de just appear right in the middle of the locator, no coming off the bottom to sniff and run. Pink and silver were our best colors, the new Gaplan glitter spoons in the perch or orange and black worked too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.