I have never seen this before…

• bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

We were out on ML a few weeks ago when I felt a big strike

Ok…actually I didn’t feel anything, but I have never done this before….kind of strange

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve got footage of that very same thing in the DVD we’re working on. I’ve done it several times with perch but in this instance it was a small shiner.

Braided line is wonderful stuff… I could feel that the plug was running funny instantly.

Pretty cool shot. Thanks for sharing.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

my dad caught a catfish that was the same length as his shad rap last spring.
    He caught his by the mouth tho.

What was that fish thinking???

walleye_mike
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve had a few strange snags/catches this fall. The first was a tulibee hooked square in the middle of the back. The second was a 24″ walleye hooked in the top of the head. Not sure if the walleye was in the wrong place at the wrong time or it somehow missed the rap that bad that it hooked itself in the back of the head?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Same thing happened in my boat 3 times this year with small perch and 2 times with crayfish.

Nice Pic Rocky.

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

So was the fish just in the wrong place at the wrong time or was it actually so called going after the lure?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Wrong place. Wrong time. Some of the clouds of perch we got on camera up there were incredibly thick. I can see how these little buggers could get hooked up fairly easily. We also see the same thing on Pool 4 with the shad in the fall when a crank cast to rip rap hangs a shad or two often enough to actually start to frustrate a guy a little bit.

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

Thats what I figured…Thanks James

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.