Mille Lacs Report

• Anonymous

The walleye night bite on Mille Lac is on fire, hot, hot, hot! Fished tue and wed nights with a grand total of 108 walleye in 2 nights with the biggest fish being a little over 28″. Tues night we had 46 fish with only 6 of them under 20″ on up to the biggest of the trip at 28″.

Wednsday night was absolutely fantastic with 62 fish and 43 of these eyes were over 23″ on up to 27″.Trolling crank baits in 5′ to 9′ of water was the best presentation for us to take the biger fish. Shad raps in the #5 to #8 size should get you started, firtetiger and black and gold were the top producing colors.

To get in on some of the great action in October go to the home page on the sister site fishtheriver.com and conatct James Holst of Moving Waters Guide Service, you will not be dissapointed!

See ya on the Lake!

Dustin Stewart

Pool 4 FTR field staff reporter.

Anonymous

Could not agree with you more Dustin, fished Saturday night and hammered them. 6pm -10, four hours of non stop action, biggest fish was approx 27, only 2 slots, estimate 20 fish in the 19-25 range. The bite did slow after 9pm for us, only 3 fish in that last hour. Yeah thats right, ONLY 3 in the last hour. 6-9 feet was the ticket for us with #7 clown color. What a blast!!!!

Its going to be a Loooong week.

Dman

Anonymous

Hey Big D,

Couldn’t Agree with you more, we caught fish with everything we tried. Fished the sand midday saturday, fished the night power trolling bite and even pulled blades for awhile catching some nice fish that way. Caught enough keepers to have a fish fry saturday afternoon. James has been slaying the big fish so badly that he ran to Brainerd to get his film developed yesterday. Can’t wait to go back up tomorrow night.

Hook

Anonymous

I’ll be back…..

Yep you would not have to twist my arm hard to get me right back on my way up to Mille Lacs today…

I had a blast! Great fishing with lots of action!

My first day on the water was Friday. My two boys and I got started about 10:30am. My first two fish came in about twenty minutes of hitting Indain Point. They were both 5 1/2 lbs each… one was a walleye, the other was a smallmouth! And what a battle the smallmouth gave on my walleye rod too. Thrilling to land a trophy like that. She went right back in the water, real quick. I had several guys in close quarters that got to watch the battle.

“Man, I thought you wete never going to land that fish” one yelled after about five minutes went by, and I finally got her in the net. Wow, what a fish… made my trip!

We caught two keeper walleye that day. I say “we” but truth is, my boys spent much more of the time watching their Game Boys and t.v. and playing under the Sea Cap fiberglass front boat cover.

My buddie Richard Smith arrived Friday nite about 11:00pm. We went in early to meet him. So, I only fished till 11:00 pm on Friday night and put her in park for an early rise. Yep, I missed the major part of the moon bite that nite. But, the boys were zonked… and it was the Musky ticket I was after. Saturday and Sunday were great days on the water. Between Richard’s boat and mine, we caught a 27, 25, 2-23’s, 6-22’s, 6-21’s an many other smaller walleyes. I got a total of eight Musky follows and three fish on. I never got one of them in the boat! One, I got to fight, was huge… she was a real monster…. and had to be 54+ inches. She ate a 16 inch sucker minnow I was drifting on a spinner-rig. We fought for a good five minutes and I got to see her somewhat up-close, before she broke water… blew me a good-bye kiss, came un-hooked… and vanished into the weeds.

On Sunday morning, I was throwing a jerk-bait over the weeds and had a follow from a huge walleye that would have went 13 + lbs. The big walleye was so big that it looked like a salmon! It was snapping at the 11 inch bait just as it reached the boat. I went to the figure-eight but this spooked her off. Another wow…

Over all, a great time on the water. And, I got to meet up with some of the guys at Ozzies for breakfast and good conversation, on Saturday morning. What a trip…I’ll be back! Hawger

Anonymous

WOW !!

Glad to hear the bite is on. Will be on my way up this afternoon. Can’t wait.

J.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.