Sunday on Mille Lacs

• Goldpig
    Omaha, NE

I had a chance to get out on Mille Lacs for the first time in a month and wasn’t disappointed. I fished my favorite rock piles on the NE Side of the lake. Started out throwing topwaters and grubs with little luck. The grubs worked a little better, resulting in four decent fish. About 10:00 I switched to a orange craw husky jerk, and the first cast resulted in a three pounder (as did the second, third, and fourth). My partner for the day switched to a TSD husky jerk and started catching fish. If we caught one fish on a spot, we caught six or seven. They seemed to a prefer a very quick erratic motion. Occassionally, we would get a follow to the boat, and the minute you stopped the bait they disappeared. We had to get off the water by two, but for the day we had 23 smallies, the largest weighing about 3.5 lbs.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Good for you. I have been chasing those fish all year and having a blast. I am now hunting a pig that I have seen the last two trips. This fish was with another that went 20.25 and it makes that one look small. It simply does not get better than that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.