East Side Update – Mille Lacs.

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quick update from the east side of Mille Lacs near Big Point The boat traffic on the lake continues to be low. The overall bite was still on the slow side. Water temps were still mostly in the 47-49 degrees with a 50 popping up for the first time yesterday afternoon. Was not long after that 50 showed on my Lowrance and a jet ski came zipping by! Was great weather to be out last weekend. NO BUGS!!!

There are two bites we focused our efforts on. Evening corking shallow rock an rigging leeches off the first and second main breaks within a mile or so of shore. Just classic old school early season fishing keeping is slow and nothing fancy simple. Both produced fish and both put a couple of keepers in the boat. With the temps warming up this week, I’m predicting a sharp upswing in the bite for the holiday weekend.

If you have been putting off a trip up to the pond, might be time to come on up for a visit. Sure the keepers are tuff to come by, but there are some decent fish out there to catch. Shouldn’t have any problem getting a place to stay on short notice.

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Any problem keeping the bass off your lines?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

None for me. Heard of a few being caught. I “sight fished” several early season spots and didn’t see any activity. I suspect most fish are still pre-spawn right now. The bass guys have a legit shot at a state record right now!

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Neighbor caught and released a smallie just shy of 22″ on Friday night

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks for the update Jon! I will be toting the family up for the holiday weekend. Hopefully, I get to sit in the boat longer than I did opening weekend!

-Drew

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

We pounded the big bass fishing the mtt this past weekend. Many fish over 6lbs and a few over 7.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Thanks for the update Jon. With the warmer temps this week I would say that by this weekend the bite should really be taking off.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for the report Jon and I’m glad to hear that you’re having some success! Now will you please work on warming up those water temps?

Tbone
    Stillwater, MN

Funny thing Jon, I trolled right by a guy that had a boat just like you. That guy was putting on a clinic and his dog was barking up a storm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.