Minnesota Vikings Arctic Blast

• Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

There are a lot of people worried about the local economy, and how businesses are going to survive. Several events are held around the lake each year that don’t have anything to do with fishing, but still provide people with the opportunity to support the local economy.

One of those events is being held this weekend. The Minnesota Vikings Arctic Blast event is hosted in Whakon. The local establishments would love for a big turn out. This will be my first year attending, but I have heard that it is a blast. Pun intended!

The line up of vikings attending includes: Toby Gerhart, Harrison Smith, Andrew Sendejo, Everson Griffen, Brandon Fusco, Jerome Simpson, Phil Loadholt and Matt Kalil. Several Alumni will be attending as well. The snowmobile party will be stopping into several resorts around the lake. Don’t have a snowmobile? No problem! They will have a shuttle that will take you around to the different locations. My dad and I were talking to a couple people in Whakon last weekend, and they were telling us that it is very kid friendly!

Arctic Blast Home Page

Anyone planning to be up there?

-Drew

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I have attended once and arrived by snowmobile and left same way. Had a great time but will caution you I have never seen so many cops and people pulled over and checked for drinking. If you are driving to and from the event you will want to be very careful. Have fun and be safe!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

It is a great time. Last year we went to a few bars and they were all packed. There are shuttles and buses that go between the stopping points. I’m always suprised that there are more women than men at the stopping points.

deertracker

Quote:

I’m always suprised that there are more women than men at the stopping points.

I’m not. Pro athletes and their wallets at a bar…
    DT

grizz177
    Nisswa Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

I’m always suprised that there are more women than men at the stopping points.

I’m not. Pro athletes and their wallets at a bar…
    DT

Who would have thunk it??

David H

I’m going to be in Isle this weekend, but had forgotten this event was happening. I’ll try to make it by Muggs or the Wahkon Inn for sure. Thanks for reminding me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.