any sap running yet?

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

might make a run, the wife is off this weekend and if the timing works, we might be headed up. Anybody sapping yet?

BullsNeyes
    Rochester, MN

I’m all done in Rochester, MN.

jerry b
    western WI

I see a few trees around Hudson with the bags still on. Might be about done tho, been there quite a while- jerr

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

May not mean much, but the two maples in my front ward have branches overhanging the drive, and there is a puddle under them every day. SE WI.

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

I’m around the Mankato area and have been getting about a 2 liter bottle full a day out of each tap the last couple days. Better get at it soon though.

TJ
    Hammond, WI

I’m in western wi and it just started running good here the last week or so. Have about 200 taps out and collected roughly 650 gallons the last two days. Looks to be another 450 or so waiting in the woods right now. Cooker is rolling 24 hrs a day to keep up. This weekend should be the main run around the Baldwin/Hammond area.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Quote:

might make a run, the wife is off this weekend and if the timing works, we might be headed up. Anybody sapping yet?

Hasn’t started running in Wealthwood yet…at all. Maybe by next week sometime. TOO COLD!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

Quote:

Hasn’t started running in Wealthwood yet…at all. Maybe by next week sometime. TOO COLD!!

thanks a bunch Steve! next weekend then

steve-fellegy

We have over 500 taps out on the Red Door Sugarbush–for a week now—and have about 30 gallons of sap.LOL

TJ
    Hammond, WI

Shouldn’t be long for you now…it has really opened up a few hours south of you. Just ended my shift of cooking and now I find myself on IDO at 2AM Smaller operation but we have about 40 gallons of syrup so far…seems like it could be a good year

chomps
    Sioux City IA

here’s our process, we are just north and slightly east of the Red Door. Brother ended up with about 40 gallons last weekend, my dad will empty the bags on Thursday, my brother will be up over the weekend, and I hope to be up the weekend after. The pot will hold 15 gallons. Be nice to put a few jars of maple syrup into my belly. MMMM!

steve-fellegy

Yup–some of the trees have been running okay if they are in the open yard or on the south edge of woods and not back in the woods. Most of our trees are off the highway and in the woods–so they are mostly dry yet. But the ones along the highway have run about 160 gallons this week–which would normally be way less than one days run. Gonna light up the cooker for the first time tomorrow(Thursday) and hope it starts running so we can cook steady, 24/7 for at least a week. Gotta break loose soon…

chomps
    Sioux City IA

my brother had a record day last Monday, 75 gallons. Getting my fork ready now.

steve-fellegy

Quote:

my brother had a record day last Monday, 75 gallons. Getting my fork ready now.

Yup–Sunday/Monday was big. Then it slowed way down since. Should go again hard when the skys clear at night and the sunny following days.

About 10-12″ of fresh snow the past 24hrs.!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.