Mille Lacs Last Night

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Went up to Mille Lacs last night to battle the surf. Put in at Terry’s at 7:45, fished until 2:00. Water temp started at 63, was 61 when we left.

We ended up with 2 fish, a 25″ and a 26″ both on Firetiger, and missed one more. The lake is a mess, the debris on the surface is borderline ridculous. We ended up splitshotting about 6 feet in front of the bait just to keep it clean for 10 minutes at a time. Constantly had to check for weeds, 95% of the time the grass was on the lip and trebles. Both our fish came from St. Albans. Fished Garrison Bay, the weeds show no signs of dying, all the cabbage is still green, standing tall, and THICK. Also fished up by North Garrison landing, same story with the weeds and debris.

The big blow today is only going to make things worse.

There was one other boat out last night, a white 620T, he hung tight in St. Albans all night and boated a dozen, was still fishing when we left.

Hindsight being 20/20 we never should have left the area after our first passes didn’t connect, but at the same time I wanted to see what was going on in those other spots.

I can’t imagine anyone is going to be out there tonight, but if you are be safe.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Quote:

We ended up splitshotting about 6 feet in front of the bait just to keep it clean for 10 minutes at a time.

Great tip… Have to remember this for tomorrow night.

From a report I got southside of the lake was good Wednesday night with 38 fish including 2 muskies. 5-7 ft of water with clown husky jerks. Moon was out that night.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I was thinking of tying a lawn mower on after your and Cal’s report!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Run your rod tip in the water about 6″, it will gather weeds and debris before sliding down the line and fouling the bait.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the report. Leaving here in 3 minutes and heading up. I’m hoping we can get out somewhere tonight.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Good to see you out Dan

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Quote:

Run your rod tip in the water about 6″, it will gather weeds and debris before sliding down the line and fouling the bait.

Not as easy as one would think in 3-4 foot waves.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Thats why God put rock reefs on the East side of the lake.

inge66

Quote:

Thats why God put rock reefs on the East side of the lake.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.