Short trolling trip

• washburn
    Aitkin Mn

Got rained out today so made a quick trip for some shallow trolling. Due to the wind Malmo was out of the question so headed to Barnaveld’s. Started in the 18′ range and had nothing, moved into 12′ and got a healthy 27″ eye first pass. Ended up with that fish and 4 others that got off but was decent action for the couple hours I fished. All hits were on a rootbeer colored thunderstick. Water was 58 degrees. Bummer is I forgot to put the life jacket and driftsock away and they blew out of the boat somewhere around Malmo I’m guessing

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Well, better than blowing out of the boat YOURSELF…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the update. Cal and I will be up Thursday night to try our luck after dark.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Wow, that water temp is dropping fast! I am hope not too much more before October full moon.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Sorry I missed you last weekend Rick… Too busy hunting to get back out fishing. I’m going to check out the new gophers stadium this weekend but I’ll be up the 1st 2 weekends in October so if you’re around let’s plan to get out.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Thanks for the update. Cal and I will be up Thursday night to try our luck after dark.

Good luck! We have a week in October! Woo too!

jasonlem
    New Prague

I fished only an hour last night. One 19 incher

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.