How much snow?

• 140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Hey how much snow on the lake. Will be up there in 2 weeks for a long weekend. Thanks Ben.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I am up here right now and they got 10-12 inches on Thursday night and another 4-6 on Friday night. There is about 26-30″ on the ground. You are not going anywhere on the lake unless there is a plowed road or you have a snowmobile.
    I tried going out to the house with the wheeler and after the 5th time getting stuck I decide that fishing could wait until next weekend when the sleds are here.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Hey thanks for the report. It doesn’t sound good. How much slush is there to deal with than?

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

As of yesterday the walker bay area had alot of slush the access I use had water on the ice was able to plow a road to my house after the snow you will need a snowmobile now until it freezes. -18 this morning that may help. Going out later to check things out

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Depends on the area. It varied from a few inches to over 8 inches of slush in the spots we checked in agency narrows. As you got out on the ice the snow depths were only about 15-20 inches. I am sure with all the wind it will be deeper in spots.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Gonna be Mille Lacs instead. Thanks for your info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.