Driving conditions on Leech??

• rangerski
    North Metro

Is Leech navigatable by truck anywhere you want to go? Also where is the best place to get on to fish sand point and the goose flat areas? Thanks dudes

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I was on Leech last Friday and Saturday but we had to stay on plowed roads. I stopped at Shrivers in Walker and they said there were a lot of guys getting stuck on snow drifts and hidden slush pockets out there. We tried to find access on Sucker Bay but no luck. We fished Sand Point although we also heard there were good roads and a decent bite on Pine Point. We caught some decent perch, no jumbos, and a few walleye between 12″ and 16″ in the morning and at dusk. They came and went pretty quick though. We caught our fish in 17-15′ in the Sand Point area.

We got around Lake Bemidji ok but there seemed to have been more traffic in the areas we were at. Nothing but small perch out there.

Pike Bay was ok too but nothing but small perch for us here. We got on at the north end off of #2 and followed someone elses tracks until we went “cross country” to hook up with a plowed road that took you right into Cass Lake downtown.

Good luck

rangerski
    North Metro

Thats what I was looking for, Thanks EandD!

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Season will be coming to a end for you ice road truckers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.