Pleasant Creek and Muskies

• jphersh22
    SE Iowa

I’m curious about musky fishing and have never really done it, though I’ve seen a couple while bass fishing there. I’ve heard some guys fish for them on Pleasant Creek. Anyone have any experience with them there?

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

I’ll listen in too.

I have seen them out there while targeting walleyes, bass and panfish; and there are some real monsters. I don’t expect to catch one, but I decided some weeks ago that this will be the year I start targeting them.

I do know this much, they are catchable. There was club tourney there last week, and 10 fish were caught in a field of 38 teams, I beleive (if I heard correctly)-all fish were released.

Joe

shaley
    Milford IA

Be Warned muskie fishin starts as I would like to catch one, turns into an obsession of boxes full of $15-$50 lures, sleepless nights on the follow you had and didnt get the bite, days of casting 2-6 oz lures whith not even a follow and still getting up before daylight to do it all over again for another 16 hours.

Welcome to the obsession.

Quality musky rod and reel, a huge net, gloves , nipex long neddlenose, 80 pound power pro, quality leaders and a couple bucktails your ready to start chasing this elusive toothy critter. Be prepared to drop $500 just to get started if your seriouse about targeting muskies. After theh initial start up the price just goes up from there

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.