Blue Heron Lake

• nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

My summer of fishing has been really slow this year at least from shore, but I went to Blue Heron Lake today and threw out my line with a crawler on it and couldn’t put it down. I only pulled in a lm bass, a drum and 3 little stripers but the fish were active today. I know I was just messing with little buggers but it was a nice change of pace today. I only wish I could have gotten my 4 year old son to pull one in but by the time he quit playing on the playground he wasn’t up to fishing even with Daddy’s enthusiasm (or that might have scarded him off ) But it was a good day for fishing with a bobber. Sorry to bore you all.

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Hi Darrin,

No one around here ever gets bored hearing about fishing in Iowa. Good report! I used to fish Blue Heron in the late 90s but havent been back since. Perhaps its time to give it a try again…

Thanks,
    Dave

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

I hear there are a lot of gar in there, I haven’t heard of much of anything big there, but the kids played on the playground and I got to wet the line good combo for me.
    I may take my 2 year old out this weekend my wife is taking my son to see her brother so me and my daughter are all alone. If I can keep her from jumping in she’ll be a good companion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.