Frustrating

• Sharon
    SE Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sharon M wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Weekender wrote:</div>
    these guys were down in Mexico shooting redheads.

shock shock

Redhead Lives Matter!!

rotflol rotflol I agree! Although we might be going extinct from the sounds of it.

tornadochaser

If the main reason for the September opener is simply to shoot BWT and woodies, I call BS. There are TONS of woodies and teal around in October. I’ve never understood that argument.

100 years of refuge counts, banding data, bag/hunter surveys, and aerial surveys saying BW teal and wood ducks leave MN in significant numbers by early october vs your observation that there is “tons” around.

There’s a reason MN wants that september opener, and that’s to put the most hunters in the field with the best chance at shooting ducks. BW teal are already migrating right now. We can all argue our opinions on whether the splits and current framework is working or not, but you can’t refute the fact that by early october, the state has lost resident birds. The compromise would be allowing a teal season, but MN will never get it as long as hunters annually mistake pelicans and swans for snows, black angus bulls for deer, and cormorants for black ducks.

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Just speaking for myself, but I don’t shoot them anymore only because they don’t have much meat on them. It’s some of the best duck to eat, but I just don’t shoot them. Same with buffleheads.

JEREMY
    BP

Teal is the best duck to eat cause its so small by the time you realize how gross it is its already gone.

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

jester

We’re big fans of diver ducks, but my neighbor won’t even touch them. For him it’s mallards or nothing.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We’re big fans of diver ducks, but my neighbor won’t even touch them. For him it’s mallards or nothing.

I won’t eat the divers either. Luckily I don’t encounter many of them on small ponds.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Teal is the best duck to eat cause its so small by the time you realize how gross it is its already gone.[/quote

rotflol rotflol doah

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.