Frostbite Co Rods

• 404 ERROR
    MN

I really hope Peric gets fired up enough reading this that he responds…that would make my week.

Hi Peric wave

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I just got a couple 2B ice rods and they seem to be really nice rods. I got the Big Nood and the Soft Touch look forward to getting them on the ice !

iTinker

TUCR made in MN, or a 2B from China… Tough call.

I just got a couple 2B ice rods and they seem to be really nice rods. I got the Big Nood and the Soft Touch look forward to getting them on the ice !

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Not to hijack, but is Clayton schick part of frostbite? I enjoy watching his videos. He gets so pumped at every big fish, but seems genuine

Ryan Wilson

TUCR made in MN, or a 2B from China… Tough call.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn-d wrote:</div>

TUCR’s blanks are imported from China. Every bit of cork in our county is imported. Even “American Tackle” (ProProducts) is imported. REC guides are domestic though.

So other than people building them in Minnesota, TUCR’s are virtually import rods too. Having said that, I own 3 TUCR’s and plan on owning several more. Quality is fantastic and I’d take TUCR over any other brand besides building my own. TUCR makes a good stick.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Did I hear correctly that the 2B rods are made by the original Thorne brothers?

2B is the imported version of their Elliot rods. Heard it stood for two brothers?

blank

Did I hear correctly that the 2B rods are made by the original Thorne brothers?

http://www.2bice.com/

“Designed to catch what you’re after.
    Longtime fishing industry innovators Paul and Gregg Thorne, release the new and exciting 2B FISHING brand. 2B products harness over 40 years of fishing knowledge presenting today’s trend setting designs at a competitive price for every angler’s needs.”

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

Haha how does 2b get brought into a frostbite post? doah

I don’t think anyone would compare 2b to TUCR… Elliot and 2b rods are under Greg and Paul Thorne’s new company, the guys who pretty much started high end/custom graphite rods. Elliot are higher end components and hand wrapped here in MN. 2b are made to be a lower price point rod while maintaining a “higher end” rod action.
    https://twobrothersinnovations.com/

iTinker

At $80, why bother? It’s basically in line with the inferno line… Either get a quality hand made rod that supports American workers, or get something from China.

I don’t think anyone would compare 2b to TUCR… Elliot and 2b rods are under Greg and Paul Thorne’s new company, the guys who pretty much started high end/custom graphite rods. Elliot are higher end components and hand wrapped here in MN. 2b are made to be a lower price point rod while maintaining a “higher end” rod action.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Someone else brought it up but I kinda thread jacked the post out of curiosity and because it’s more interesting that Frostbite anyway…..

hnd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hnd wrote:</div>
    a friend runs a local bait shop. they bought a supply of Favorite rods. The jon b and perric models and a few others. They sold out of them to kids in days. kids coming in droves dropping 100+ on googan rods.

I highly doubt it, but whatever. Really don’t care enough to continue this conversation.

lol

hnd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hnd wrote:</div>
    a friend runs a local bait shop. they bought a supply of Favorite rods. The jon b and perric models and a few others. They sold out of them to kids in days. kids coming in droves dropping 100+ on googan rods.

If these guys make smart business decisions, they will be fine marketing to their key demographic. which isn’t just kids. there are tons of 20-35+ social media/ youtube centric people with money to spend.

I’m a youtuber also (not anywhere near googan size) so I get it and I know first hand how much of an impact the youtube fishing world (especially the googans) have had in bringing youth into fishing. I respect that. But your last comment is the key and the biggest problem for Peric. There are numerous companies in the fishing and ice fishing world that he has tried to work with and the companies ended up dropping him or cancelling business with him because he is not good to work with. He is not professional. Just ask Sam Sobi or most other youtubers that have worked/collaborated with him.

from what i can gather he’s a total spaz. space cadet. But that doesn’t mean he can’t build his own brand. You hear people say the same things about john gillespie and the guy has had tremendous longevity. its all about finding your sweet spot. i have no idea if this will fizzle, succeed or what, but its been a pretty good run for the guy.

hnd

the difference in a rod assembled in china or the US is build quality typically.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was fishing with another YouTuber yesterday who has a fairly large channel called Team Yukon Outdoors who have actually done videos with Peric and he was saying yesterday that he’s just not a good human being. There’s a right way to do things and there’s a wrong way. He said Peric takes the wrong way 95% of the time. Sure he can build a brand or product but after he burns all his bridges it’s going to be tough to get people to put his products on shelves and from the sounds of it he’s well on his way to that.

iTinker

the difference in a rod assembled in china or the US is build quality typically.

Exactly

AnotherFisherman

Not to hijack, but is Clayton schick part of frostbite? I enjoy watching his videos. He gets so pumped at every big fish, but seems genuine

He is not a part of frostbite. He is just good friends with Aaron Wiebe, Uncut Angling. Aaron hooked Clayton up and gave him the Frostbite rods and baits.

munchy
    NULL

I really hope Peric gets fired up enough reading this that he responds…that would make my week.

Hi Peric wave

You want clear proof Peric is reading these forums?

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200118-112506_Chrome.jpg

munchy
    NULL

Also more proof the little dooshes have zero unique ideas.

shady5

Heard second hand that Frostbite rods are not worth the money, and this is from guys that use a lot of different custom rods.

Bluegill89

Just cut to the chase and get a Thorne Brothers Custom Rod.

Ty Kennedy

FWIW: I’ve been fishing with a frostbite true grit and a JT black reign 38 inch pretty extensively this winter. Have also used the CCI rods and various tuned up customs. The frostbite rod is okay but the JT is hands down the nicest rod I have ever used for medium to large sized baits. It fishes a very large scale of lures with great feel. For smaller spoons a 36 inch precision is pretty hard to beat but rattle baits and large spoons I grab the JT every time

Viewing 22 posts - 61 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.