Food before the wild game tonight.

• Jonesy

Wife and I have tickets to the wild game tonight. Going to grab a bite before the game. Looking for suggestions. Not looking to drop a ton of money maybe 50-60 total or less. We have done Cossettas and Eagle Street Cafe before. Restaurant does not need to be near the X. Any good mexican food or sushi in the area? sushi tango in woodbury or 5 guys was also a possibility.

Mike Petersen

Not a sushi place, but love Pazzaluna…close, reasonable, and fun atmosphere

Hoyt4
    NULL

If you want Mexian Boca Chica great food .

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Nook.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Boca Chica if you want Mexican. Even before Wild games it’s usually possible to get a table in a reasonable time and there’s plenty of parking.

All kinds of options up on Cathedral Hill and Grand Avenue, although the parking can be a bit of a clustermuck up there.

Whatever you do, don’t eat at the X. Food ranges from bad to gawdawful, it takes forever, and when you do get it, it’s cold. It’s sad with every sporting venue trying to upgrade the food, the X is going the other way.

Grouse

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

If you want Mexican I would try this place – you might want to call ahead. It’s on 7th about 6 blocks from the X.

http://pajaritostp.com/

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

If you want Mexican I would try this place – you might want to call ahead. It’s on 7th about 6 blocks from the X.

http://pajaritostp.com/

2nd. Two words: Smelt Tacos.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Smelt Tacos.

Deleted, he’s showing the wife the suggestions.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Ogaras has good food and runs a shuttle to and from game

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Ol’ Mexico off of Lexington and Larpenteur is solid and affordable.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pool2fool wrote:</div>
    Smelt Tacos.

Is that a new gentleman’s club?

now you ruined the surprise!

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Sakura is pretty good sushi in downtown St. Paul, they even have Wild-player themed sushi rolls! Not a bad walk to the X from their either.

My out of the box suggestion would be a hole in the wall Thai place ‘Ruam Mit’. REALLY good thai food(probably the best pad thai in the cities), but not much of an ‘experience’.

Boca Chica taco house has a special place in my heart as well, it’s Boca Chica’s ‘fast food’ shop.

Other than that, Big River pizza in lowertown has dang good pizza, but it’s not exactly a short walk to the X.

Ruam Mit: you could park in the Children’s museum ramp, not sure what their wild game rates are, but that’s really close to Ruam Mit and probably quite a bit cheaper than parking near the X.

Jonesy

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will show them to the wife.

Go AVS lol

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I live and work within a mile or two of the Xcel and can say I havent heard of any of these places. Thank you for the recommendations! Apparently i need to get out a little more…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.