Follow Up Question to “2017 ProV GL 189 – water at my feet??”

• Marco Pelton

So after about 20 mins on my back I can very easily find the hose thats leaking, but cannot for the life of me find either the other end of the line (if it broke) or the nipple/end on the back of the speedo to try and reconnect.

There is a huge organized pile of wires and what-not under my console, and even with moving them I cannot actually see up to my speedo. I could, with some cussing, take a tiny wrench and possibly take the two screws out and pop the speedo out to get a great look, then put back in, torque it down, and try to reconnect the line plastic water line….

Or (and here’s the follow up question)

Any reason I couldn’t get a small cork or screw & silicone and just plug it?? I never use the speedo anyways, as I have two GPS units right in front of me.

Other than if a guy was that type-A, any reason to not just plug this line and move on? Will it get that much pressure?? Or would it be problem solved??

Thanks

Marco

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Plug it,if you don’t care about the speedo – plug it.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

There’s a good chance that the speedo hose is fed by a port on the leading edge of the outboard, all you have to do is disconnect at that end.

HRG

Marco Pelton

Thank you Both for the reply’s! Have a great weekend!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.