flasher question

• wirenut2002

so i have been i big on marcum flashers i have had 2 lx-5, sold one to get the lx-7 which is to big for me and now wishing i kept my lx-5.
    anyway to my question is it worth picking up a vexilar flasher or should i stick to what i know (as now my wife told me i could not just use her lx-5 i have to get my own)

wirenut2002

i like the idea of the showdown 5.6 dual beam but if it was in color imo it would be the cats meow

Well to me, as a guy who is brand loyal, i would stick to Marcum, i currently have Marcum so i would say keep it! if you never had any problems with the flasher or the company then why switch? Team Marcum!
    ~Tanner Luongvan

barrelslime
    Illinois

Iv got both a Vex and a Marcum. Both are great products. You cant go wrong either way you go. I too have been wanting a Showdown for a while.

gonehunting

If you liked the LX-5 you would really like the Vexilar FL-28. I though am a diehard vexilar owner. If the FL-28 isn’t in your price range the FL-20 is also bullet-proof. I had heard they were discontinuing the FL-18 on another forum but cannot verify that.

Frank R
    Rosemount, MN

I’ve got an LX-5 that I could be convinced to upgrade to an LX-7 if you’re intersted. I can throw in some $$ to make your wife happy. -)

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Frank stole my thought with my LX 6.

wirenut2002

well i would have traded for either one, but i sold the 7 to a fellow ido member already. i am still in between the 5 or 6 i was told thou the 6 is the same base as the 7 then only difference is screen size is that true?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

well i would have traded for either one, but i sold the 7 to a fellow ido member already. i am still in between the 5 or 6 i was told thou the 6 is the same base as the 7 then only difference is screen size is that true?

Basically yes….the 6 has the same physical size, if you sold the 7 because of the size get the 5 …

Henpecked

Can’t compare the six to the seven, but the LX 5 and LX 6 are pretty close to the same size. The LX 6 is 1 inch taller and 1 inch wider than the LX 5. Six on the left. Love both by the way.

Attachments:
    1. P4040002.jpg

2. P4040003.jpg

wirenut2002

the 6 is not near as tall is the 7 is thou is it?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

the 6 is not near as tall is the 7 is thou is it?

The 7’s screen is 2″ bigger “diagonally” not height wise….

The soft cases on the 6&7 are the same size…..I have had my 6 sitting next to a 7 and you cannot tell the difference,size-wise, between the 2…

wirenut2002

thank you for clarifying that for me i think just go back to org plan with lx5

wirenut2002

so i just threw out a email to marcum in question why do they not make a showdown in color simple 3 color display would be sweet, the reply back was a pitch for purchase an lx-6 or lx-7. and that they would probably not look into a color showdown because they would charge just as much for it as an lx-6(well that would be a no brainer i would buy the 6 if that as the case),and the sales are already high enough on the showdown they don’t need to make it color.i just thought it would be another corner of the market item for marcum. boy i guessed wrong oops

Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

It would be another nice option but I can definitely see that at a certain point they would be just putting out to many options that would just be costing them more to produce for the same amount of money coming in.

wirenut2002

yes and no the technology is there, the number one complaint i hear from people i know have the showdown is that is not color yeah i know they should have spent more to get a better one,but some of the guys are buying them for their wives,kids,or that is just all they can afford, now don’t get me wrong the lx-5 is great but it is the 21st century and lcd’s are now becoming a thing of the past in the technological world come on how hard would it be for them to drum up a 3 color lcd entry level flasher.
    just my personal opinion

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

now don’t get me wrong the lx-5 is great but it is the 21st century and lcd’s are now becoming a thing of the past in the technological world come on how hard would it be for them to drum up a 3 color lcd entry level flasher.
    just my personal opinion

Yea what he said.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.