Pina Colada Easy Mix

• moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Bring the ice indoors into your blender be in harmony with the cold weather.

1 cup pina colada mix
    1 cup pineapple juice
    2 cups rum(or more)
    4 cups ice

blend away

Enjoy!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I love a good Pina Colada! Barrachina in Puerto Rico claims to be the birth place of the Pina Colada, and they make a good one. This is their recipe. I find canned coconut cream in the Mexican aisle at Cub, and I recommend Don Q rum. It’s what they drink in Puerto Rico, and it’s good stuff.

• 48 Oz. Pineapple Juice – Canned
    • 15 Oz. Coconut Cream
    • 10 Oz. Water (If you use ice and a blender, you don’t need the water)
    • Rum to taste
    • Maraschino cherry or pineapple chunk for garnish

Preparation:
    1. Mix the pineapple juice and coconut cream
    2. Barrachina’s secret is not to mix this blend with ice, but rather to freeze the mix, stirring occasionally until frozen or to use an old-fashioned ice cream maker to freeze the mixture.
    3. Pour rum to taste in a glass and add the frozen mix to serve.
    4. Garnish with the cherry or a pineapple chunk (or both).

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I put a pail of this blend in the freezer this morning Ryan. As I was mixing the juice and coconut Ma was sampling the blend and said it was “it” for a Colda later today. Ma’s happy, I’m happy. Thanks for the recipe.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I put a pail of this blend in the freezer this morning Ryan. As I was mixing the juice and coconut Ma was sampling the blend and said it was “it” for a Colda later today. Ma’s happy, I’m happy. Thanks for the recipe.

Excellent! Too bad it’s not “pina colada weather”, but the drinks may help you cope.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

These are for Ma. I’m a Sharp’s or O’Dooles guy. Maybe a half a glass of wine once in a great while.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Ryan….Ma found favor with you recipe last night. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her plow thru a Colada like that. This is good. Over and over. lol Thanks for the recipe.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Now you got me wanting to make a batch!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Actually that slush makes a darned good sorbet. Healthy too.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Coconut cream???Please explain.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

This stuff. Just make sure you get the cream and not the milk.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Ralph,

This is an easy and great recipe- sorry Moxie, no offense but I have just not found a piña colada mix I like. I found something a little different in the drink isle at Our groceries store and it really worked well.

Thanks

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

EyesNDucks,
    I saw that at our Cub. I have a can of the Goya stuff in the pantry, but if you say that squeezable bottle is good, I may try it next time.

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

That’s the product I used and its a winner.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

Ralph,

This is an easy and great recipe- sorry Moxie, no offense but I have just not found a piña colada mix I like. I found something a little different in the drink isle at Our groceries store and it really worked well.

Thanks

None taken Ralph, If that’s a mix there I’ll give it a try

chomps
    Sioux City IA

made 2 batches last night one with rum, one virgin for the kids. I used the squeeze bottle of coconut milk, my additions were a splash of V8 Pina Colada Splash, and a handful of frozen pineapple, enough ice to get it somewhat slushy then into the freezer to get thickened up. Ma doesn’t like a strong coconut flavor, I do. This was an awesome combination. I do use Appleton Estates 12 y/o rum, and that has a very strong rum flavor, but it is a nice flavor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.