need Mac and Cheese recipe…

• iceman35
    upstate New York

need recipe for mac and cheese… for a flavor pro stovetop low pressure pot. would like to try it sunday… thanks…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Don’t work so hard.

duke.harbaugh

Quote:

Don’t work so hard.

Now thats funny

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Don’t work so hard.

Now thats funny

Don’t feed the wildlife.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m sorry I don’t have a recipe Mr. Iceman. I don’t eat mac and cheese.

…and sorry for getting your post off track.

mcarlsen

Generally any type of Mac and cheese sauce is made with heavy cream and what ever type of cheese you want really. By reducing the cream down you get a richer flavor and the proper consistency. Wisk in what ever cheese you want until it is incorporated completely. Note that once you add the cheese it will make your cream thicker. If it gets too thick add more cream. You could cook the pasta in the sauce I suppose with the pressure cooker but I don’t really see the point. The whole process of cooking macaroni and making the sauce is pretty quick as is. From there sky is the limit. I like to add jalapeño and bacon. Pulled pork is awesome too.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I don’t dig it enough to make it from scratch, but when I make it from the box I like to add some extra ingredients. Any of the following seem to help…

Ham. Sautéed onions. Handful of shredded cheese. Cream cheese. Bread crumbs followed by a couple minutes under the broiler. Chili pepper. Dried chives. Smoked salmon. Buffalo wing sauce.

Having two young kids and a wife that is not an experienced cook leads to a lot to Mac and cheese dinners when I get home. Kinda sick of it any way you make it.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

Generally any type of Mac and cheese sauce is made with heavy cream and what ever type of cheese you want really. By reducing the cream down you get a richer flavor and the proper consistency. Wisk in what ever cheese you want until it is incorporated completely. Note that once you add the cheese it will make your cream thicker. If it gets too thick add more cream. You could cook the pasta in the sauce I suppose with the pressure cooker but I don’t really see the point. The whole process of cooking macaroni and making the sauce is pretty quick as is. From there sky is the limit. I like to add jalapeño and bacon. Pulled pork is awesome too.

Most versions that I’ve done require a basic Bechamel sauce. Many times the mixture is finished in the oven with a crumb topping of sorts. My favorite topping is crushed gold fish crackers.

Mama Bear

Here’s an adult version of mac & cheese that is a huge hit with our family:

BLT Mac and Cheese
    5 cups Water
    8 slices of Bacon
    4 oz Sharp white Cheddar Cheese
    1 oz Parmesan Cheese
    4 oz Cream Cheese
    1 lb uncooked Pasta (I use macaroni but any similar pasta will do)
    1 tsp Salt
    .5 tsp Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
    1 Large Leek (white and Green portions only)
    3 large plum tomatoes

1. Boil water in 8 qt stock pot.

2. meanwhile slice bacon crosswise into thin strips. place into 10 inch skillet; cook over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Set aside on paper towel lined plate.

3. as bacon cooks, grate cheddar and parmesan cheeses. add pasta, cream cheese ,grated cheeses, salt and pepper to boiling water in stock pot. cover and simmer vigorously 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. as pasta mixture cooks slice leek in half lengthwise then
    crosswise into 1/2 in. slices. place into small bowl
    and swish in cold water to remove dirt; lift leeks out of
    water and stir into pasta mixture. cook uncovered, 5-7
    minutes or until pasta is cooked to desired tenderness
    and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.

5. meanwhile, cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Remove cores and scrape out seeds if desired and dice (I leave seeds etc. in and dice whole). remove stock pot from heat; stir in tomatoes and bacon.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Thanks
    I’m going to try that 1

mcarlsen

You can do a bechemel that is always an option but not many people use that often anymore except for old warhorse dishes. Still good though. In fact really the first cheese sauce, mornay, is derived from a beschemel base.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I always go with the bechemel (spelling?) and season it up well, thin out with half an half, then add fresh shredded monterey 8oz., fresh shredded medium cheddar 8oz, and a good amount 3-4 oz. of freshly grated parmesan. Stir in till melted, can still be soupy. Large elbow mac just undercooked, topped with panko and shred parmesan then use some butter cooking spray to lightly coat the crumb topping. Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes. Enjoy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.