dumpling recipe?

• wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Anyone have a good homeade dumpling recipe they are willing to share?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bisquick is all we’ve ever used.

smoke grub

its just egg, milk, salt and flour. two or three eggs, milk and sprinkle of salt and flour. and please don’t take this wrong but stir it till it feels right.. it should glissen. and then spoon a bit into boiling water. boil for a minute or two .. and then you can either fry them in butter or leave them in a soup. dip the spoon in the water before you spoon out the dumpling. the bigger they are, the longer they need to boil.

smoke grub

there is nothing in the world like chicken soup and ho’ made dumplings.. or tomato soup.. and trust me, lots of times we just have fried dumplings for supper. its depression era cooking..

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

This is one I use all the time and never fail.

2 cups flour, 4 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt, 2 eggs
    1/2 cup milk, 1 Tbs chopped parsley

Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Beat eggs in cup, add 1/2 cup milk or more to make 1 cup. Beat egg and milk thoroughly. Add liquid and parsley to flour mix. Stir until smooth and stiff. Drop by teaspoon into hot stew or soup over low heat. cook covered for 10 min or more. DO NOT LIFT LID till done. These will be lite and fluffy.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

1 tsp salt, 2 eggs

Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Beat eggs in cup, add 1/2 cup milk or more to make 1 cup. Beat egg and milk thoroughly. Add liquid and parsley to flour mix. Stir until smooth and stiff. Drop by teaspoon into hot stew or soup over low heat. cook covered for 10 min or more. DO NOT LIFT LID till done. These will be lite and fluffy.

Bingo

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

thanks have to give it a try, tired of mine turning out too dense and not light!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Just made chicken soup and dumplings last night. 3 eggs, pinch of salt, add flour until you get the right consistency. Boil in the soup for 3-5 minutes.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

WHAT!? No parsley flakes?

NEVER!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

1 tsp salt, 2 eggs

Bingo

I like a little stiffer dumpo… I will only use 1 tsp baking powder and no parsley, but sounds interesting Man I miss my mom’s dumpos….

smoke grub

Quote:

Just made chicken soup and dumplings last night. 3 eggs, pinch of salt, add flour until you get the right consistency. Boil in the soup for 3-5 minutes.

see what I mean.. these are Polish / German dumplings.. this is stick to the ribs food for a cold night.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.