Looking for a good injection marinade

• wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I am looking for a good recipe for injecting a pork shoulder/butt. Smoking one this weekend and putting the rub on it tomorrow, just looking for some good tips on it.

TJ
    Hammond, WI

I take my favorite BBQ sauce, thin it down with some apple cider vinegar, apple cider, and some liquid smoke. Also include a bit of the dry rub and inject just prior to going on the smoker. Don’t inject and then put into fridge…meat shtinks when cold (us men know that) and theinjection will be squeezed out. I cook until about 165 then wrap in foil with some more marinade abd finish to about 205-210. Let rest in foil for 30-45 minutes and pull away! Nothing better IMO

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

thanks for the tip and I do know to inject before going on the smoker, so the marinade you put in at 165 do you inject that to or baste it with it?

fishingdad

Try a little fresh garlic crushed real fine with some salt, fresh sage leaves, olive oil and some dry rub. Delicious !!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Pork injection
    3/4 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup salt
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire

chomps
    Sioux City IA

been waiting for a good day to get a pork shoulder going, about a month ago was at a place where they halved a few apples and onions and put on the smoker for awhile, then chopped it pretty fine and added it to the pulled pork. Pretty dang good!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.