Fishing with two Helix sonars

• Sloth5202

I have a G3 helix 7 and I’d like to get a second sonar when fishing with my kids. I like the flexibility of the helix so a 7 or 5 would be my choice but I’m worried about interference. Should I be worried? If so, what would be a good alternative? If you’ve had it work fine what settings did you mess with? Thanks!

Perch Patrol

That’s what chirp on your unit is for. It’s interference rejection. Shouldn’t be an issue.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve rarely gotten interference from ANY brand sonar while using my helix next to others including other helix units.

Sloth5202

I’ve had trouble with my Lowrance Hook2 recently which may just be that unit or not enough fiddling but it does give me pause as I consider other options.

Karry Kyllo

That’s what chirp on your unit is for. It’s interference rejection. Shouldn’t be an issue.

Actually Chirp isn’t for interference rejection. It’s designed to provide more detailed returns and better target separation by sending continuous sonar pulses at varying frequencies.
    If you have interference on two Helix units you can try offsetting Chirp frequencies on each unit or adjusting the noise filters that may also reduce interference between units.

marineman

Spent three days in a 6×8 fish house with two helix 7’s (both chirp versions) and one LX7 and everyone was able to tune everyone else out with IR adjustments in the menu.

Sloth5202

This is all I needed to hear. I just need some patience and I can make it work. I won’t be wasting my. Thanks all!!

Ripjiggen

Got your answer but you should be good to go.👍 Get the Kiddo a 7. 5’s will be discoed soon enough. My 5 year old has already discoed it in his mind.. jester

Sloth5202

I guess I “have” to get another 7😁🤷‍♀️. That’s what I’ll tell my wife. Thanks!

My fishing buddy is 5 too.

tornadochaser

No issues, just a quick IR adjustment. We run 2 helix all the time in my hub.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.