Fishing around Red Wing

• Anthony Beitzel

There’s a group of 6 of us guys heading up to Red wing this coming weekend. We will be staying at everts and are looking for some areas to ice fish. We’re from southern wisconsin and primarily fish the Mississippi so we’re familiar with the river. We’re just looking for a place where we can get some decent pan fish. We fished I believe it was Bay point marina in red wing 2 years ago and had some really good luck on some tip up action for pike. Any info would be extremely helpful and are there any bait shops in the area that are worth the stop? Thanks again

RwRiverRat
    Red Wing, MN

4 Seasons Sports is worth a stop. There is also a new shop in Lake City. I’d head to Bay point and the lower harbor at Colville Park for panfish.

smackemup
    North Metro

What’s the name of this bait shop in lake city? I have been looking for minnows in this area with not much luck

haleysgold
    SE MN

It’s pretty new.
    Breakwall Outfitters.
    Shop is just a block up from the marina. Right around the corner from the Dollar Store.

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

We were on Bay Point today and fishing was tough. People we talked to people and they finding the fishing tough as well. We haven’t tried Colville yet.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

What’s the name of this bait shop in lake city? I have been looking for minnows in this area with not much luck

. The gas station on north side of town Carrys minnows as well right next to the Burger King believe its called US 61 gas n go

Anthony Beitzel

This weekend at baypoint was super slow. We did go down to maiden rock on Saturday and had pretty good luck on crappies in 14 fow. The numbers of fish wasn’t amazing but they were very aggressive when u would mark one and I was very impressed with the size.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.