Fish the farm pond 2022

• Iowaboy1

Will officially begin when EPG gets here around ten thirty this morning.
    I have never seen the pond we are going to before in my life, that and EPG being a newbie to fishing farm ponds in Iowa will be a challenge for both of us.
    This could end up being a day of either catching or a whole bunch of fishing!!

Equipment list, augers, rods, chairs, bait, ice units, aim’n fluid, snow snake medicine, check and check.
    Last but not least is a secret weapon for catching fish if all other measures fail, I just hope we dont get killed by ice chunks raining down.

Stay tuned!!
    Dang it Chuck100, sure wish you were here! I dont know if I can drag EPG back up the hill by myself!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Can you be on your cell phone in Iowa while you’re driving? I’m asking for a friend

Iowaboy1

It has to be hands free if I remember right, tell your friend I 80 has cameras all over the place.

Ripjiggen

So one hand on the wheel one hand on the Corona. Makes sense.

stevenoak

If your travels take you through Cedar Rapids. Stay behind a local. They know where the speed cameras are. Just because they give you a ticket from a picture of you speeding. They won’t accept a picture of $75 for the fine. Heard it from a friend.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Anyone think about sending a drone out that way to make sure there not face planted into the ice already??? doah grin

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Finally fishing!
    Some dumb a$$ put a strikemaster auger on a jiffy head.
    Yeah,
    They doin the wrong direction.
    Couple hours later with chainsaw in hand out lines are wet.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Finally fishing!
    Some dumb a$$ put a strikemaster auger on a jiffy head.
    Yeah,
    They doin the wrong direction.
    Couple hours later with chainsaw in hand out lines are wet.

did them 2 bottles of EPG have anything to do with it???

Asking for a friend!!! rotflol

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Both SM and Jiffy have black auger bits BUT Jiffy usually has the Yellow on the edge of the bit.I don’t know if somebody is color blind or drunk or both.Just sayin for a friend.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Both SM and Jiffy have black auger bits BUT Jiffy usually has the Yellow on the edge of the bit.I don’t know if somebody is color blind or drunk or both.Just sayin for a friend.

Thanks, I’ll make a mental note of that redface

blackbay

Seems like a third person should be there for supervision. laugh

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I didn’t get blanked today. Pounded a monster 6” bucket mouth waytogo

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Blackbay somebody should be.I think that team of professionals would be large and scare the fish.
    Stay on top boy’s and keep the injuries to a minimum.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Thought you two left the ladies at home razz

Iowaboy1

Lets revise this, fish the pond 2022 began at 10:30 this morning, it began again at 11:30, and it began a third time at 1:26 thanks to auger issues, UGH!!
    Three trips to the super secret pond sight, and finally thanks to my Echo chainsaw we had open water!!!
    Will someone please remind me next time to cut smaller holes so there is no chance either EPG or I can lose an entire livescope or Helix 5 down the hole??
    Ya, I got carried away with my sawyer skills,, I thought I was doing great until that ole nail bender just had to cut holes that were almost perfectly square, dang show off !!

I will report with the utmost pleasure he made it down here safely!!
    No tickets, no lost lithium battery products that will alter poor little fishes minds in years to come were lost down the ambitious sized holes!!
    It was my intention to have holes large enough to safely bring large fish through!!

It is with great sadness that I must report only one fish was caught, I blame it on Chuck100 for not being here to be our leader!!
    Hardly any booze was drank, even in extreme sorrow due to the poor catch rate, however, we made up for it with a great meal and of course something had to go boom later when it was dark out.

Attachments:
    1. IMG950595.3gp
    glenn57
    cold spring mn

hope you fellers dont have headaches this morning!!!!! waytogo waytogo rotflol

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.