Fish spread out = New spots

• Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Hello All! Wow what weather pretty schizophrenic for sure. Wind -North then south, rain, sun, rising water, cooling water.

There are many years that some spots are crowded because the fish get so predictable and don’t move, this fall for at least three weeks the spots I fish seem different almost every trip.

An angler can look at this one of two ways… 1. cry about a tougher bite and turn the learning mind off, or 2. be happy about fishing a great river and learn some new spots.

I learn new spots when the fish are spread out and I personally can’t get many from the same spot on repeated attempts. THAT COULD CHANGE ANYDAY HOWEVER!!!

In fact the shad flying through spots are why I believe the fish are so on the move.
    There are times if you hang out long enough the fish can come to you. I don’t think this is one of those times.

Just a post to put into some minds to go look for new spots and maybe level up your experience.

Good luck fishing!

Pics from today working new spots

Attachments:
    1. 125-10-15-18-Mike-Miller.jpg

2. T-10-15-18-Sumo-White-Bass-web.jpg

Andrew Hubbard

I’m having the exact same thing happening in pool 2 right now. The fish are spread out and constantly on the move! There one day gone the next. Another two weeks and I think they will be schooling up better.

basseyes

Great report and encouraging us all to never stop learning and looking.

joshd
    Minnetonka

Thanks for the report Turk, might see you out there Thursday.

Did anyone get any reports from how the Hudson Walleye tourney went 10/13?

coyle053

Has anyone been out recently? Water temps? Tactics that are working? I was out last Friday and a jig and minnow seemed to work the best.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Has anyone been out recently? Water temps? Tactics that are working? I was out last Friday and a jig and minnow seemed to work the best.

45°
    Blades

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.