Fish house build wiring.

• Hardwater Havoc

I am in process of finishing a fish house build and am running into a few questions on the wiring. The house will have 1 receptacle with a 4 plug, and then 4 with the regular 2 plug for running TV, WII and maybe coffee pot or something. I will also have a 12v system that includes 2 LED camper lights, 4 hole lights and a 12v fan on ceiling for circulation. My question is, I have all the wiring run but in order to have this house finished, what do I all need to purchase? The part I’m struggling with is from the male plug in on the outside for generator, what do I need next and how does it need to be run. I have looked and looked for a picture of a complete system and how to wire it all together but cannot seem to find anything. I would like to have it set up with 2 AGM deep cycle batteries and be able to run the TV and stuff for the kids. This house will have a wall mount blue flame heater so that wont run off the system. Can anyone help? I can post pictures of the house if that helps???

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

A bit confused on what exactly you are looking for but I will try.
    http://fishhousesupply.com/110-power-male-outlet/

Check this link, it is the most common way to bring power into your house.

You can also bring power into the entire system by using a short custom made double male ended power cord plugged into a typical outlet. If you want more details on that feel free to PM me.

Don’t forget to use a breaker box between power IN and your outlets as well. A simple 2 gang will work just fine.

Hardwater Havoc

Thanks! Yeah I have that plug. So from there I run it to a breaker box, and then go from there?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

You basically need to decide if you are going to get a power converter like the one listed by David or use a “boat style” charger.
    Cost wise the converter/distro listed is the cheaper of the options but sometimes ppl choose to go with a different option as they may already own other things that will work too.

I went with a product called a charge wizard when I built mine, that unit was powered via a 110v plug and an outlet. I had to add a fuse panel and also 12v fuses. The unit David listed is an all in one that includes all that.

Where are you located? It seems that a lot of “fish house supply” places have popped up lately, maybe we can point you towards a local supplier to get your stuff through.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

You can also bring power into the entire system by using a short custom made double male ended power cord plugged into a typical outlet. If you want more details on that feel free to PM me.

What happens if someone accidently knocks the plug loose from the socket on the ice house end while the generator is running? What you end up with is live exposed plug ends. Sounds like a dangerous situation.

Must be a reason you won’t find something like this on the store shelves.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.