Fish finder trolling motor interference

• Jeff Koslowski

I have a Garmin striker 7 with di/si. Transducer is mounted to the trolling motor. The unit works great when the trolling motor is off, but when I start it I get bad interference.

B-man

Rules out the basics first.

Is your graph running on a separate battery?

Do you have a ferrite ring installed?

Are your power wires from the trolling motor as isolated as possible from the power and any other networking/ducer wires from the graph?

It’s easy and clean looking to run/rig wires together, but sometimes that can cause issues of it’s own.

robby
    Quad Cities

What is a fertile ring?

Pat K
    Empire, MN

What is a fertile ring?

It’s a ring or block made of a ceramic material that snaps around a wire and blocks EMI interference between devices or power source and the device. Sometimes they’re called chokes.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>robby wrote:</div>
    What is a fertile ring?

It’s a ring or block made of a ceramic material that snaps around a wire and blocks EMI interference between devices or power source and the device. Sometimes they’re called chokes.

No, that would be a ferrite ring. Not quite sure what a fertile ring is though. jester

Ryan Scholl

Are all of the batteries connected to an onboard charger? If so you might need to install a choke.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

No, that would be a ferrite ring. Not quite sure what a fertile ring is though. jester

I assumed robby was a victim of auto-correct.
    I know I should never assume anything!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.