Fenwick world class ice rod

• Kyle Tront

I know it still early in the year but has anyone picked up any of these rods yet? Looking at the 36″ medium for walleye, and wondering how the action is on the rod.

jld
    Holmen

Going to be a tough sell at $200 a pop, at least for me.

vinella

They’re $80. I think you might be thinking of the G.Loomis ice rods

Ripjiggen

Haven’t had my hand on the ice rods but I can tell you the summer rods are legit.

kbeck12

I bought that rod for this season. I’ve owned the Commander and it feels very similar to me. Kind of feels like a mix between that and the St Croix’s.

Kyle Tront

I bought that rod for this season. I’ve owned the Commander and it feels very similar to me. Kind of feels like a mix between that and the St Croix’s.

How would you compare the action on the fenwick? Is it pretty fast action?

kbeck12

I haven’t caught a fish on it yet obviously but it feels fast to me. Has that soft tip that transitions into a really nice backbone. I’ve never used a Croix ice rod but I’ve caught plenty on the Commander and this rod seems to have a lot of the characteristics that one does.

Only reason I got rid of my Commander was because it was 32”. I wanted a longer rod and the Fenwick seemed to fit that without the price tag.

Time will tell I guess but Fenwick makes nice rods!

PmB

Good prices on Amazon

Roy

PmB is right. I ordered a 30” light for $64 on Amazon. Very reasonable I thought.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

on the show “Alone”, they catch lakers on tree branches. jus sayin. I love the craftsmanship of a quality rod too but anything over $100 is just wrong

jld
    Holmen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jld wrote:</div>

They’re $80. I think you might be thinking of the G.Loomis ice rods

My bad. You are correct. My brain is working at half capacity with boredom over my Covid lock down.

Bluegill89

Fenwick and “world-class rods” shouldn’t be used in the same sentence.

kbeck12

One of those guys huh. . . #thinkshesapro

vinella

For anyone with some AmEx rewards points to use on Amazon, if you redeem those you get 20% off one of these rods (up to $20 off)

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

The revamped Elite Tech rods this years looks good too.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Wrong answer. I have a couple HMG’s for open water and dare you to find me a nicer rod. Sold all my St. Croix rods and never looked back.

Ripjiggen

And guessing you have never even seen one to make this statement. Thanks for the helpful info.

Gilgetter

They look like a decent rod for the price point. I’ve never been a fan of reel seats on ice rods. They list the rod as an extra fast action. It looks like per usual on off the rack rods they lack options for length and actions.

Bluegill89

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bluegill89 wrote:</div>

Wrong answer. I have a couple HMG’s for open water and dare you to find me a nicer rod. Sold all my St. Croix rods and never looked back.

Find a nicer rod then a $100 Fenwick HMG? The choices are endless!

Bluegill89

Wouldn’t waste my time, lots of better choices out there.

PmB

For $60 its definitely worth a try.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’m a Fenwick fan, had a couple World Class years ago. I thought they were discontinued.

Roy

For anyone that was on the fence about this rod I got a chance to use mine today for the first time. I went to a lake that’s usually my first trip out each year…tons of crappies, but none bigger than 10”. The Fenwick I bought is a “light” so it’s definitely a feel type rod. I had no trouble detecting bites, and the orange tip helped determine the really light bites. I was very impressed with the transition during hook set. It drives the hook home and is a real joy to fight fish with. I’m looking forward to catching some bigger pan fish with it. I find it to be well worth the price.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

What’s the point to the TINY line guides? If they were bigger I would already own one.

duh queen

If memory serves me correctly, I believe I bought a 28″ medium action for use on LOW for about $48. It worked/s well.
    EDIT:
    I stand corrected. It was a 27″ HMG medium action. My open water rods are all St Croix Premiers. I’d rate this right up there with those.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

$40 @ Scheel’s right now. Bought a 30m. Feels close to the 2B Spoon Daddy they sell for $99.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

That Scheels’ price is just awesome.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.