Feedback on Alumacraft competitor?

• CRAIG HOLLAND

Kind of piggybacking off my last comment looking at possibly a Alumacraft competitor 185 CS. Currently have a skeeter mx1825 was looking for something with a little deeper Hull to handle bigger water a little better. Trying not to go too big of boat like a 20-footer as I do fish smaller Waters of Fair amount. Would I regret trading my mx1825 for the Alumacraft do you think feedback from people that have driven or Rode in a 185. I might consider a trophy but I have to have a single console so that rules that out.

CRAIG HOLLAND

I think I’ll stay w my skeeter. I have sepation anxiety on that boat. If I can’t take a rough ride I may add some wave pro seats or go to a 1910.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Craig
    Obviously some bias here, but difficult at best for most any aluminum hull to compete with fiberglass. With that said, the input you are looking for can only be answered by test driving and fishing out of the model you are considering.
    Best of luck regardless!

Barry Nelson

Craig,
    I have rode, ran, and owned both skeeters and alumacrafts. From experience, you aren’t going to get a better ride in an Alumacraft than you will in your skeeter. I’d highly suggest sticking with that or moving up to the WX series.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

As a competitor owner and someone who has rode and fished in glass boats my competitor does not ride as well as glass. For me that is ok and I knew that going in. Dean is right on as well. The competitor hull design will not cut the waves as well as a skeeter. Not that it is a bad thing but you need to consider the how, where and the conditions you plan to fish in.

mark caine

i have fished out of both, i absolutely love the competitor. Agreed that the glass handles big water much better, but not enough for me to wnat to trade in the practicality, and fishability of my 185 tiller. Really just has to do with your personal preference. And I do miss the glitter lol

http://www.raisingcaine.net

gregl2017

Another thing to consider, how good is the company! There are some serious QC and customer service issues going on with Alumacraft right now. I have been trying to contact them since the first week of February regarding issues with my brand new 205 Competitor. Not a single reply!

While my dealer has been in my opinion slow in resolving this for me, they have! I waited just about 2 months for them to do repairs and finally got fed up and said get me another boat!

Sales manager found one next day but took almost 3 weeks to get it done, now I’m just waiting on them to rig the new hull.

I would not suggest anybody spend this kind of money on an Alumacraft, if my dealer is truthfully they are not even supporting them!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.