Favorite Venison Steak Recipes

• LabDaddy1

Just cooked my first venison steaks in…well, ever… the other day. Marinated in a steakhouse marinade for 2 hours in fridge, patted dry and let come to room temp. Cut up baby Bella mushrooms and sautéed in butter, then cut up a small red jalapeño and green bell pepper from garden and some red onion and sautéed. Set sautéed veggies aside in tinfoil.

Seared steaks in cast iron pan with butter on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side and kept drizzling with butter/thyme/rosemary/garlic powder/onion powder while cooking. Let steaks rest in loosely tented tinfoil for a few minutes and voila!

Attachments:
    1. 2EA3F5A4-7A03-4EBD-88AE-7E7387C1F676-scaled.jpeg

2. 036D1DDE-2735-43FF-AA11-7E78C4910472-scaled.jpeg

Deuces

I’m quite surprised some of you marinade straps.

If it was a good year and got more than one deer growing up yeah the ol man might throw some marinade on them overnight after having them several times already. But most years they were such a treasure, everytime you saw that white pack scribbled with a “C” on it unthawing before school you knew it was gonna be a good dinner. Salt and pepper was the only thing allowed, and only thing you wanted on those things.

Still pretty much same scenario nowadays w my kiddos when I get some.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I grill most of my venison as shish-kabobs, marinated overnight in equal parts, soy sauce, Worcestershire and mashed garlic, salt pepper and a little oil. Very tender. Even my purist friends who only want a little hide and hair on it, love it.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m quite surprised some of you marinade straps.

It’s deer meat, not elk, antelope, or caribou. Somethings need a little help

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Last night I made a venison version of one of our house favorites

Tenderloins, salt, pepper, seared on a hot cast iron with some olive oil.
    Homemade bread
    provolone and brie

Toast a slice of bread, spread a little mayo on it, thinly slice your seared loins and cover with brie and provolone. Put in the oven on broil until cheese is nice and melty.

Open faced “philly” sandwiches. Simple and delicious!

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.