Fall Salmon & Trout on MN North Shore

• Brady Korwin

We just got a ton of rain in Duluth and the Rivers are FAST & dirty. Going to take my two kids see what I can catch once the flows calm down a bit. We’ll be fishing floats for the kids and I may toss a a spoon since we don’t have fly gear. Hoping for some pink and Coho, and anything else is a bonus. Planning to start at Lester and just move north until we find something. Any reports or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

FinnyDinDin

Sent you a PM. Good luck. Hope the kiddos get a fish.

Connor

I’ll also be headed up to the north shore this weekend and want to try some fishing. Would really appreciate a few tips also.

fishmantim

Best bet would be to cast spoons by the river mouths and or hitting Two Harbors Breakwall with spoons or maybe crawlers and a bobber . I have also caught Herring on shore on the edge of deep rocks using worms, but that was a later in the fall..

Jimmy Jones

The water is still too warm in Two Harbors. I a week of fishing I had one herring on, and it came off before the net hit the water. In that week I know of one other herring being caught. The boats are trolling a good half mile offshore and deep to pick up anything. Lake Trout closes Sunday evening so you can scratch those off the list for now. The Brule has been giving up some nice Coho’s in Northern Wisconsin.

Last weekend’s mega rain dumping has most river running muddy and the rain has been a plague since last weekend. We cut our cabin time short and came home today with more rain and flooding issues being aired all last night.

On a positive note, there seems to be a healthy grouse population right now. Well, two less now. They tasted great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.