Rage Rods?

• gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Yes I know I posted this in the walleye forum.

I see that St Croix has a promotion where you can get a free Rage rod if you purchase two other St Croix rods with a total of $230 or more. Seeing as I was already planning to add a couple of St Croix’s to the arsenal this season I was thinking of maybe making the purchases sooner rather than later so I could get the free rod as well.

The question is which Rage rod would I want? Wondered if the casting 7’2″MM might make a good bouncer rod or if the spinning 6’8″MXF would make a good jigging rod. Anyone have any recommendations regarding the Rage rods?

Thanks

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Yes I know I posted this in the walleye forum.

I see that St Croix has a promotion where you can get a free Rage rod if you purchase two other St Croix rods with a total of $230 or more. Seeing as I was already planning to add a couple of St Croix’s to the arsenal this season I was thinking of maybe making the purchases sooner rather than later so I could get the free rod as well.

The question is which Rage rod would I want? Wondered if the casting 7’2″MM might make a good bouncer rod or if the spinning 6’8″MXF would make a good jigging rod. Anyone have any recommendations regarding the Rage rods?

Thanks

Yes and yes…They work fine on walleye…the micro guides lighten the blank and speed it up a tad. The feel is dang close to an Avid…the 610MXF is also a good rod for casting plastics.

BBKK
    IA

Go for the 6’8 spinning rod. You can use it for anything from pulling lindys to jigging plastics, to pitching blades.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.