pool 14

• big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Start my vacation this week. The walleyes and saugers are on the bite. Saugers are at up at the dam and walleyes are still on the wingdams. Been getting limits a ringworm have been the hot bite. Pink n purple, and black n chartruese. Get out there n git to it. Had a 20 inch brown trout hit a shadbait friday. going to put him on the smoker tomarrow.

fishbait

Thanks for the update Big Muddy see you Sunday. Have a safe
    and Great Vacation.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Quote:

Had a 20 inch brown trout hit a shadbait friday. going to put him on the smoker tomarrow.

Just curious…Do you get a lot of Browns in P14??

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

Had a 20 inch brown trout hit a shadbait friday. going to put him on the smoker tomarrow.

Just curious…Do you get a lot of Browns in P14??

That is awesome that you got a brown. I wonder if it is a native, but I guess we’ll never know. I’ve heard there are natives in the river system and catching one is not extremely rare. I’ve personally never caught a trout out of the Miss, but have witnessed a rainbow caught out of pool 15.

I bet there are quite a bit of trout living in the river, just think of how many trout streams in NE Iowa that eventually dump in the river.

Best part about catching a trout in the river? no trout license needed!

traumatized
    eastern iowa

I was fishing the FLW tournamnet last week. When we were pre-fishing there was 3 fileted trout laying on the boat ramp. Don’t know what kind of trout but that was kind of weird. Didn’t know they were in there. Was on pool 14.

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

I’ve been fishing the river for over 50 years and only recall seeing a trout caught one other time and that was a rainbow. But what I have found is that the Mississippi is like a box of chocolate, “You never know what you gonna get”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.