Now THATS a fish

• BBKK
    IA

I think I might have to plan a trip to spain

Anyone care to guess the weight of this zander (nearly identical to a walleye)

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Hard time fittin that through an 8″ hole!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

It’s a walleye cousin called a Zander in Europe

fishinfool
    mn

That thing would eat our walleyes here. How bout transporting some of those across the seas… better than a dam Asian Carp or Devil fish…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Catching that fish was no Cheap Trick. Argh! Sorry, I am self imposing a 1 day ban on myself from IDO.

fieds
    ottertail county

i believe north dakota stocked zander in spiritwood lake and a full blood was caught recently(within several years). the experiment was stopped long ago but having one caught after so many years says they’ve taken a small foot hold. i think the zander was 18-21 inches if i remember right.

fieds
    ottertail county

yup, some zander in nort dakota, james and chris should do a show

BBKK
    IA

The fish weighed a tad over 34lbs. They fish for them just like we do, behind dams on the European rivers. I guess they are really good eating also. I say bring them over here!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I would have bet that fish came from pools 4 or 2

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

I would have bet that fish came from pools 4 or 2

I heard Stoddards Brett.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Can you imaging how big they would grow in P2 and/or P4?
    They may even take care of the exotics.

musky_ben
    Red Wing, MN

Wouldn’t have to net cisco anymore!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Verrrrry interesting…I just received a couple text messages today with this fish included. The text read “21.2 lbs in the stilling basin in Pierre Thursday night”. The other one says “21.2 lbs. Pierre, SD”. Time to get the rumor mill started a little early this year. And here I claimed photo shop….

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Same thing is happening up in Green Bay.
    Picture of this fish and a claim that it weighed 19lbs & change.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Ya, it’s kinda crazy how these rumors get started and what they grow to. And people are surprised at the cynicism these days….

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

There is no white spot on its tail.

ebes

that fish was caught out of greenbay, i know someone that was out there with him

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

that fish was caught out of greenbay, i know someone that was out there with him

Sure. I got some oceanfront property in Southern Illinois for sale. You interested?

the pyromaniac

Quote:

That thing would eat our walleyes here. How bout transporting some of those across the seas… better than a dam Asian Carp or Devil fish…

It’s been tried but they didn’t really get established. Personally, much to the dismay of a lot of bass/walleye/trout snobs, I don’t like to see new species introduced where they aren’t native, but that’s just me. If I manage to get to Europe to fish for zeds, I’ll do it, but we don’t really need them here.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Sure. I got some oceanfront property in Southern Illinois for sale. You interested?

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

LOL!!!

Dont believe any of the pictures saying it was caught in N.A. It was caught in europe and it is a ZANDER.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Dont believe any of the pictures saying it was caught in N.A. It was caught in europe and it is a ZANDER.

BBK with talk like that, soon I’ll not believe anything I see on the intergoogles.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.