Lake Pepin Report – Questions

• Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

Hi everyone and thanks for looking. Was up fishing lake city this last weekend with my son and his friend and was wondering….

1) does the higher water right now move the walleyes much on the lake, doesn’t really seem to be any current out there

2) caught a lot of 10-14 inch walleyes and just a few decent keepers each day – does that mean we were in the wrong locations, wrong presentations, bigger ones just not that active during the time we were there?

thanks

Report: Fished leeches and worms on spinner rigs from 9 to 18 feet of water and caught little ones, a few keepers. Fish cranks on leadcore and caught little ones, a few keeps. Casted to rip-rap with jigs and crawlers and caught some little walleyes, a few keepers again. Smallmouth action was a lot of fun on the rocks along with some nice crappies. Kids had a great trip!

phoyem
    Minneapolis

I’m no pepin expert by any means, but when I fished last Saturday we got really good numbers but only about a half dozen over 15”. Trolled crawler harnesses in 12-20 fow.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Trolling raps yesterday we had only two short fish. Half a dozen in the 17-20 range and 4 in the mid 20’s.

fireline
    Rochester

What was the hot color ?

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Orange and blue both worked

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.