Extended Run Gas Tank for Honda 2000

• Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

Not for me, I’ve been using one for years.

I have heard of people having problems with generators sucking snow into the intake. I run my generator in the back of the pickup under a topper. That way I know it won’t get buried by a snowstorm or drift on a windy day.

At far as the extended run tank goes. Never had an issue.

roger

Woodshed- Do you have the cold weather package installed on yours?

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve had mind for 4 years. Only once has it sucked in some snow and caused problems. More often the breather tubes build up with condensation in really humid conditions and then freeze up, causing the generator to choke out and quit running until it can be thawed. I’ve also ran the extended run tank for the last two and haven’t had a problem. This year I built a box.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2158.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve had mind for 4 years. Only once has it sucked in some snow and caused problems. More often the breather tubes build up with condensation in really humid conditions and then freeze up, causing the generator to choke out and quit running until it can be thawed. I’ve also ran the extended run tank for the last two and haven’t had a problem. This year I built a box.

I assume (hope) you have a pretty big hole for the exhaust. That box will build a lot of heat, be sure you don’t set the whole thing on fire.

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

I don’t have the cold weather package. Do you; can it be run in the summer that way?

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

I assume (hope) you have a pretty big hole for the exhaust. That box will build a lot of heat, be sure you don’t set the whole thing on fire.
    [/quote]

Of course. There is a nice large ported opening at the back to handle the exhaust. Ran it outside the other night for about 5 1/2 hours. Worked great!

I don’t have the cold weather package. Do you; can it be run in the summer that way?

I wouldn’t run it in the summer this way. As DB said, it generates a lot of heat. Really intended for winter use only.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.