everts boat landing

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

does anyone know who to talk to at the resort in regards to the dock just below the boat launch? Below fish cleaning shack. I have seen that it is now quite a ways down stream from its normal spot! I load and unload a lot by myself and when the dock is closer to the concrete it makes it a lot easier for loading! please let me know thanks

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Chris Winchester, give the resort a call or Four Seasons Sports in Red Wing.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

will do thanks for that info

404 ERROR
    MN

They move it down so boats don’t tie to it and block the landing from use by others. Used it both days this weekend and got to it, you just gotta jump and trust you don’t slip!

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Hi Scratcher
    Yes, during the busy season we keep the dock at least one boat width downstream of the ramp. When someone launches and ties to that dock and then goes to park, which could be several minutes, it blocks the ramp and nobody can launch. During the summer months we move it back next to the ramp. We understand it is an inconvenience for some but we feel it is necessary to do in order to keep the launch flowing.
    Thank you, Chris

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Probably a stupid idea, but some boy scouts should offer Evert’s valet and for $3-5 donation park people’s trucks for them then donate the money to a service project.

If folks are willing to bag groceries, why not boat ramp valet service???

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If folks are willing to bag groceries, why not boat ramp valet service???

Just a teeny tiny liability issue on that one.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Not a dumb idea but if something were to accidently happen there is always that 1 guy to ruin it for the rest.

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Merican Eagle…. You are the man. Actually, we pulled the dock out of the water and out of service on Thursday while the river was coming up. I guess we did not pull it far enough as I noticed yesterday it was being used as the water came up to the dock. The only reason we pull it up like that is to keep from losing it or having a large tree smash it.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

ok thanks for the info on the dock it makes sense we all hate long lines but it is all good to keep the line moving see ya soon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.