Canadian Record Pike?

• lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Have you guys seen this or heard about this monster getting caught? Maybe Chris G can comment.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

I seen this last year sometime, its been floating around the internet for a while, I don’t know the story except,that it was caught on another pike. Great fish whatever the story is !

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

A VERY VERY old e-mail. Not caught in Canada, or the US.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I did a search and came up with nothing, if I remember it was caught in Europe, somewhere.
    I know others here on IDO has more info about this giant pike

AverageSportsman
    SE MN

not again That guy has to be the most popular fisherman around

prairecreekking
    Eastern Iowa

It has been around forever. One very well known Canadian lodge owner actually sent out an e-mail this year saying it was caught by a guest his lodge last year !! Unbelievable.

This fish was caught (as I remember the story) in the Netherlands, where the pike get gargantuan.

I caught a pretty large 45″ Pike (see photo) on the extreme northwest side of Lake of the Woods 4 years back, and as you will see it does not even come close to the other photo. Yet several lodge owners have told me that mine was one of the largest Pike caught up there in a while. I have fished LOW for over 15 years and caught some large fish, but nothing has even come close to the Netherlands shot. It is not from North America….no way.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Ewout Blom’s pike rises again. That thing has made the rounds thats for sure.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

And to think my 1st thought was here we go again.

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

that fish weighs 42.91 lbs and was 50 inches. This fish was caught by my neighbor in the turkey river in northeast Iowa. This fish was caught while ice fishing on open water. He was using a snoopy pole with 3 pound test and a trout fly for bait.

arklite881south

Well I think you got your answer. Awesome fish regardless. We just had a 30lb pike!! landed by a local angler here on Rainy Lake. I had to see pics, and yep it is a beast. 30lbs plus no doubt!! That fish in the picture above even though not from this area is a dream fish for this guy, and I’ll be working hard this spring for one!!

arklite881south

Oh by the way the biggest pike I have ever seen in my lifetime thus far in MINNESOTA was 51 inches. Was not weighed, but would estimate the fish to go 35 plus pounds. Looked like a Beaver. Scary too!!

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sorry I opened my mnouth guys…
    Somehow I missed this last year, and the year before that, and before that
    Won’t happen again, but thanks for the info about the fish.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

It’s a real fish, and that’s the thing that gets me. I have been to the Holland when I was in Germany a few years ago, and people do catch them. They also catch a fish called a Zander, HUGE WALLEYE is the literal translation to English. Instead of heading to Minnesota for a fishing trip, I may jump the pond again and hit up Europe!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Sorry I opened my mnouth guys…
    Somehow I missed this last year, and the year before that, and before that
    Won’t happen again, but thanks for the info about the fish.

Don’t be sorry, there is not much else going on around here.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.