got this from another site… whats the dumbest or

• haner

most embarassing thing you have done while muskie fishing.

haner

i will start. backed the trailer off a wooden landing at leech, submerged the whole trailer and didnt think was going to get it back. forgot release tools last august and tried to hand bomb a 42 inch fish which resulted ER Room with 4 stitches till 2am. while casting a topwater i must have had 2 much snap in the wrist, line broke and whole rod n reel to the bottom, never got it back!!!!!!

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Two summers ago drove up to MilleLacs for the weekend and left the boat keys at home. Thought about destroying the igniton to hotwire the boat and later decided against it. Ended up not fishing that weekend. Last summer out fishing with Stingler I forgot my keys again. He proceed to open up my stereo door for some reason and asks me what the key was for he found hiding in there. Turns out it was a spare for the ignition that had been sitting there the whole time I owned the boat and I never bothered to see what it was for.

shaley
    Milford IA

Fishing in the rain, go to cast, slip, lines wrapped around the tip cast my bait off and lose hold of the rod and its in the lake. Lucky for me Fenwicks float . Other than a bruised arm and shin and a wet arm from retrieving rod and finaly bait all was good.

haner

just got my pic up by my name, pic is kind of blurry,but will work

Derek Hanson

After my trolling battery went dead, I hooked up the starting battery for the big motor so I could keep fishing a little while longer. After that went dead, I found myself a mile from the boat landing on the north end of Mille Lacs on a very hot day . So, I jumped in the water and pulled the boat back in 3 feet of water while my fishing partner kept casting in the back of the boat. A lot of people fishing as it was the weekend and not one person asked for help. Lets just say I got a workout.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Breaking three Diamondbacks last season was pretty dumb. Stepped on one when I was telling myself not to step in that particular spot less than a minute prior. Set my rod down to net a fish for a buddy, go to pick it up and it broke in half(reminder: don’t set my rod down under the cleat)…and caught about a 6 Lb. Northern, decided not to net it, came out of my hand,dropped my rod, and snapped it on the edge of the boat.

haner

Quote:

Breaking three Diamondbacks last season was pretty dumb. Stepped on one when I was telling myself not to step in that particular spot less than a minute prior. Set my rod down to net a fish for a buddy, go to pick it up and it broke in half(reminder: don’t set my rod down under the cleat)…and caught about a 6 Lb. Northern, decided not to net it, came out of my hand,dropped my rod, and snapped it on the edge of the boat.

Is that covered under warranty? I am guessing not.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

They were all replaced courtesy of Thorne Bros. 1 for free, 2 for a fee.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Two summers ago drove up to MilleLacs for the weekend and left the boat keys at home. Thought about destroying the igniton to hotwire the boat and later decided against it. Ended up not fishing that weekend. Last summer out fishing with Stingler I forgot my keys again. He proceed to open up my stereo door for some reason and asks me what the key was for he found hiding in there. Turns out it was a spare for the ignition that had been sitting there the whole time I owned the boat and I never bothered to see what it was for.

Thats a good one

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

On a trip up to Eagle Lake in Ontario I hooked up with a local guide and he touted the titanium leaders he was using. So I decided to try one, when I went to cast I failed to notice the kink in his line which caused a huge back lash when this happened his leader broke and my bait kept going Lets just say he caught hell for that one

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.