Shimano Waxwing

• c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Has anybody tried these for Muskies yet? They look very interesting and I am thinking about picking up one or two for our Canada trip this year. But, they are $25 a pop, so I’m not sure if it’s worth it. I have a hard enough time choosing which lure in my box to throw already.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

No, but as far as glide baits go nothing beats the good old squirrly phantom

I haven’t really heard anything about them. I have several muskie guides that I associate with, and I fish with regularly, and I’ve never seen a waxwing in any of their boats and guides tend to know what works and what doesn’t

josh a

I have a friend that bought 3 after a guy in thorne bros. told him they were going to replace the bucktail as most peoples go-to baits. I tried one for about an hour and wasn’t impressed. You have to reel in pretty fast to get any movement out of it. IMO its probably best to leave it alone

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I have a friend that bought 3 after a guy in thorne bros. told him they were going to replace the bucktail as most peoples go-to baits. I tried one for about an hour and wasn’t impressed. You have to reel in pretty fast to get any movement out of it. IMO its probably best to leave it alone

I highly doubt it’ll replace the bucktail as the go to bait

like I said before, I know several guides and I’ve never seen a waxwing in any of their boats nor have they ever endorsed them.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

i have a couple and in the right situation they are pretty cool. i agree it will never replace blades but…. it is a high speed bait that works great in the right place…….. high speed burning!!!

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

I think if I see one in stock before our trip, I will probably pick one up just to try it out. Although, it doesn’t sound like I should go too far out of my way to get ahold of one.

fygr8

Good bait if you want to win a casting contest! Still waiting to hear from someone that has caught a fish on one.I am afraid if I bought one it would join the hundreds of others in the bullpen!!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I already have enough baits that don’t see the water

Why would I need another one

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.