Mille Lacs Musky Update

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Spent Saturday and Sunday on the North End. Guys aren’t kidding about how clear the water is, I could count the zeebs in 12 FOW. There are no weeds on the sand break yet, none, anywhere, from East Myr Mar to Carlsona. Raised two high forties on blades on Saturday, and four short fish. It was cool to see them coming from so far away. Came back to the biggest fish three times on Saturday, she showed herself each time but wouldn’t eat.

Saturday night when the lake laid down after 7:00PM, with the boat in 13 FOW I looked down and countless times saw pods of walleyes on the bottom, I assume coming in to eat although I didn’t fish for them.

Myr Mar had schools of suckers all over the rocks. Smallmouth are also on the rocks at Myr Mar, although not in huge numbers yet.

With the wind on Sunday I trolled boards and blades, only managed 1 walleye that hit blades trolled at 4.5MPH in 10 FOW! For a walleye to come up and hit a bait moving that fast six inches under the surface, she must have been hungry!

I didn’t see anyone else throwing baits all weekend, so if a musky guy wanted to be alone, apparently Mille Lacs is the place to be right now.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

We fished the south end. My son caught his first a 40 incher .We seen lots muskies crusing and had at least 6 follows, all on smaller baits . Found a barman rod and anchor seen all kind of interesting junk on the bottom.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I didn’t see anyone else throwing baits all weekend, so if a musky guy wanted to be alone, apparently Mille Lacs is the place to be right now.

Where’s Hammernick

I figured he’d be parked up there by now

What’s the weed report for the south end?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.