Milwaukee Muskie Expo Summary

• ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

I was at the Milwaukee Musky Expo last weekend working in the Custom X Lures booth. It was a blast. Talked Wisconsin muskies with a lot of people. Talked to a lot of youngsters just getting into the sport and I’m surprised by the knowledge and the questions that these kids have. They are sharp! The muskies of the future don’t have a chance!

As the stereotype goes… We did sell a lot of the smaller baits in Wisconsin. The 5″ mini X’s and the 6″ Chubby X’s sold out in almost all of the show special colors. Here are a few Custom X baits that I will be tossing this year…

ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

I also picked up some gear from the Keye’s Outoors guys… This is the Fish-Hard clothing that they came out with this year. It feels pretty awesome and should be pretty comfy out on the water. It’s sort of like an affordable Under Armor… You can check it out here http://www.fish-hard.com/

ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Ok, Ok last thing… I’m just trying to get everybody excited for the MN Muskie show… Check out these new “Hot Dawgs” from Musky Innovations. My pic doesn’t really do it justice, but there is a holographic/irredescent center to it. They look pretty sick!

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

Quote:

I was at the Milwaukee Musky Expo last weekend working in the Custom X Lures booth. It was a blast. Talked Wisconsin muskies with a lot of people. Talked to a lot of youngsters just getting into the sport and I’m surprised by the knowledge and the questions that these kids have. They are sharp! The muskies of the future don’t have a chance!

They are sharp!! Seem to hook on everything but a musk for me. Cool that you got joy out of talking to the little ones I bet they had BIG EYES!

When is the metro musk expo?

jlynchminn
    Rochester, MN

Minnesota Muskie Expo
    April 5, 6 & 7, 2013

ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Yeah, What Jimmy said… I’ll have a booth there again, so if anybody wants to talk muskies… you know where to find me… We can talk smallies too, I’ll allow that… Cause May will be right around the corner!

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Ryan, I am glad the show went well for you, that “hot dawg” is pretty awesome looking. I have to give Musky Innovations a lot of credit they continue to always try and come out with something new. I have caught a few fish on bulldawgs and they should be a staple in every musky fisherman’s aresenal, but it always amazes me every year at the muskie expo when I see guys buying litterally pounds of mag dawgs and pounders in “show colors”. I am getting my muskie fix this Saturday at the North Metro Muskies Inc. annual fundraising banquet…check out http://www.northmetromuskies.com for more info.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

That Dawg is SICK

The boat’s in the shop as we speek, getting some upgrades done

The rods are ready to go, a couple new reels purchased, and a few new baits added to the arsenal

Now I might have to make a road trip, to get my muskie fix

ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Where you thinkin for a road trip? You wait another month and a half and you don’t have to drive nearly as far… I was thinking about doing Kinkaid in March but I think that’s off the table now…

valleythunder
    King George, VA

Quote:

That Dawg is SICK

The boat’s in the shop as we speek, getting some upgrades done

Kentucky is relatively ice free these days……

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I want to go to Iowa!!! I have been hearing good things for the last couple of years!!! And don’t think shaley doesn’t know…

Mark

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.